• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Duker996

Duker996

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • 0 Thanks
Afternoon all,

I'm going to attempt to fit a VW cobra keyless entry kit to my girlfriends 07 polo but I'm already stuck! In the instructions you wire it differently depending on the system.

So my question is, will an 07 polo have a pneumatic locking system or electric? If electric how will i know if it's positive or negative? And lastly if it says to tap into a positive +30 load I guess this is where it comes in to the fusbox before any fuses?

Any help would be much appreciated

Slapbladder

Slapbladder

• Members
  • 6,197 posts
  • 1 Thanks
looks electrical to me on ETKA....same or similar to the mk4 locks....you can find the +30 feeds near the battery under the fuse cover?

Duker996

Duker996

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • 0 Thanks
Thanks matey. By the way how do u get on etka??

Slapbladder

Slapbladder

• Members
  • 6,197 posts
  • 1 Thanks
utorrent and btjunkie are you friend lol.....BUT! you have to be very careful with parts and numbers and there are many pitfalls like year cross overs etc

16vTej

16vTej

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • 0 Thanks
I had fun fitting a viper alarm to my 04 polo run around not long ago... luckily I have VW ELSA which has wiring diagrams

the lock/unlock circuit pulls to ground and uses the same wire (one has to have a small resistance)

I used a fair few relays to get it all working right...to get lock/unlock, hazard flash, door switches and boot/bonnet switches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users