4 replies to this topic

G30001

G30001

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBeckenham

Hi

So with a nipper on the way my plans for B16's have shot out the window but I am still in need of new springs before the MOT next month as I have yet another snapped spring and I refuse to give VW £400 plus fitting for a set of fronts.

I know (and have read most) there is a wealth of reviews and many many posts on the subject especially the H&R but as they say the proof is in the pudding so I'd like to phyisically see and feel the effect they have on the car plus chat over the pro's and cons with people who drive the same roads as me.

Is there anyone in the South/SE/East London area runnin either of the above spring setups that would be kind enough to spare me half an hour to let me see their car and maybe take a quick ride on the lovely London roads?

Thanks in advance. 

2008 Silver MK5 5 door Manual.
Forge CAI, Miltek/Lucifer Resonated Exhaust DP and SC's, H&R ARB's, Stealth Remap

G30001

G30001

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBeckenham

Anyone??

MOT is due next month and I am still not sure which way to go, any help will be hugely appreciated.

Edited by G30001, 21 February 2017 - 08:37 AM.

Forge CAI, Miltek/Lucifer Resonated Exhaust DP and SC's, H&R ARB's, Stealth Remap

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Anyone??

MOT is due next month and I am still not sure which way to go, any help will be hugely appreciated.

Give Christopher a shout, aka 'DimplesDexter', he is down that way and does regular meets, he may know of someone whom has that set up on there R pal.

• G30001 likes this

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire
H&R are good. But I'd go with Eibach instead of VWR (same springs without the price tag)
  • G30001 likes this

G30001

G30001

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBeckenham

Nice one thanks guys.

Probably go with H&R but I was looking at VWR as I don't really want to drop the car but new OEM springs are £350-£400.

Don't eibachs drop 35mm?

Can anyone let me know the floor to arch measurement of the H&R's once they have settled?

Edited by G30001, 21 February 2017 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users