• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

waynes wheels

waynes wheels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationnorwich

Hi have a 2003 r32 manual gearbox and at low speed getting a clonking noise when changing gears and the front diff or gearbox is noisy. not the suspension as i have replaced the lot. just replaced the gearbox mount to a harder vibra tech and the noise is more exaggerated. is it front transfer or diff what you recon? sounds to me like the diff or transfer is knackered.its done 136000

Edited by waynes wheels, 17 February 2017 - 12:43 PM.

ClintonB

ClintonB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationLondon

There is oil in gearbox? The mileage doesn't matter (i've done more without any issue).

When you say noisy, is it a constant whine or something different. When last were the oils changed (haldex, final drive - rear transmission, gearbox).

waynes wheels

waynes wheels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationnorwich

changed haldex oil late last year, will have to check gearbox but sure theres oil in it. there is alot of play in the gearbox as ive put it in gear and rocked it. its a bearing whine constant up to about 30mph then you cannot here it. its not wheel bearings as ive checked them also. deff a diff or transfer box whine i think gearbox side of the drivechain. maybe bearings in gearbox im not sure, was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

waynes wheels

waynes wheels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationnorwich

wahooooo found out me knocking noise problem, but it expensive dual mass flywheel shot. so new dual mass new uprated clutch new bearings some where in gearbox and maybe treat it to a new timing set thats going to cost a grand or more oh well....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users