4 replies to this topic

Marky parky

Marky parky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire
Alrite guys, driving home from work in my mk4 TDI and I had the red symbol with explanation mark ( ! ) flash on off on off a few times with audible beep and kept doing it every ten minutes or so intermittently.
Looked in the car manual, says it's braking symbol possibly top up brake fluid.
Now checked that and that's fine.
Could it be something to do with ABS but the ABS light never illuminated, which states it should if there was a problem.
Any ideas the car seems fine and brakes ok at the moment?

MIQ

MIQ

Loyal Member

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 13,204 posts
  • LocationUK
Maybe the MAF as that brings up A non specific warning Or the actually brake fluid sensor is faulty / broke / old ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MIQ, 17 February 2017 - 04:19 PM.

Fifth Gear Thread:
http://www.r32oc.com...-gear-miqs-r32/

Build Thread:
http://www.r32oc.com...45850-miqs-r32/

YouTube TC Media Sump Scrapers R32OC Video:
https://www.youtube....h?v=nTC0iza8VPw

ImageUploadedByAG Free1436218327.263699.jpg

Disclaimer:
I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just don't be stupid.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 17,258 posts
Only things that I can think of that bring up a flashing red exclamation mark are;
- Low brake fluid
- Low coolant / overheating
- Low oil pressure

If it was ABS related the ABS warning light would be on.

You can push the test button on the brake fluid reservoir cap and see if it comes up with the same warning.

Edited by cuprabob, 17 February 2017 - 04:05 PM.

VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Marky parky

Marky parky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Only things that I can think of that bring up a flashing red exclamation mark are;
- Low brake fluid
- Low coolant / overheating
- Low oil pressure
If it was ABS related the ABS warning light would be on.
You can push the test button on the brake fluid reservoir cap and see if it comes up with the same warning.

Checked the coolant level Bob, that is a fingers width above the min marker line, so I will top that up once engine cooled down.
As for oil that could do with a top up but it's not seriously low, so I wil top that up and see if either of them fix it.
I try the test button thank you Bob/MIQ

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 17,258 posts

Checked the coolant level Bob, that is a fingers width above the min marker line, so I will top that up once engine cooled down.
As for oil that could do with a top up but it's not seriously low, so I wil top that up and see if either of them fix it.
I try the test button thank you Bob/MIQ

The coolant level sensor can be temperamental on the MK4, especially in the cold weather, and can trigger even if the coolant level is OK.

Next time it pops up on the dash, take a photo and post it on here.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users