Photo

Mk5 R32 DSG to go in the summer :-(

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

richard_nottm

richard_nottm

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Its with some sadness that i will be letting go of my much loved Golf R32 Mk5 this summer after approx 9 years of great ownership.  Ive fully enjoyed this car and the R32OC.

On the plus side i have just placed an order for a new facelift Golf R 2017 model.  :D 

3 Door, DSG 7 Speed, 310PS

Oryx white

Vienna leather

19" Spielberg alloys (a new option)

Dynamic chassic control

Dynaudio upgrade

The new model comes with digital dash and a few revisons.

Ive got a painful 16 week wait.  Thats taking me to end july/august.  I may be inclined to wait until Sept 1st for the new reg plate.   Im not bothered about the plate as such but presume this would impact the used valuation?  I intend to be in this new golf for 5-6 years+ to be honest although its difficult to predict.

I didnt put much time into viewing other makes.  Read reviews about S3s, M240s..Never got around to test drives as i couldnt be bothered with the salesy stuff.  The M240 looked good but a dealer didnt bother responding to my email after a couple of email exchanges.

Figured the Mk7 is well regarded....and is familiar to me (more common than the R32 but things move on i guess). Servicing and insurance very reasonable. I like the 4wd sure footedness in random british weather.

I will probably make my R32 sales information available nearer the time.  Its a daily driver but will want to release nearer to the collection of the new car.

Hopefully, get some Mk7 tips on here in the future.

Cheers

Rich

VW Golf R32 (2007) - DSG - Leather - RNS510 - Luxury pack - Winter pack
Posted Image

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 17,601 posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. Oryx is such a lovely colour

With the 16 week wait you might be lucky and it ends up being a 2018 Model Year (Week 23 build onwards) Not sure if it makes any difference as it's just been facelifted but they normally sneak in some improvements.

Edited by cuprabob, 30 March 2017 - 10:50 PM.

VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

richard_nottm

richard_nottm

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Cheers buddy.

Im still reeling at the large purchase and question my sanity!  Must be a petrol head!!  Cars arent cheap any more are they? 

I dropped into a dealer to look at an Oryx R and liked it. It had a sort of matt look while looking great in the sun.  The dark tinted glass and lights contrast well.  I resisted the pan roof.  I liked the black paint too but needed a change from my current car (and endless detailing!)  Was going to lose the leather but caved in.  Have to draw the line somewhere on the options.  Fancied the audio upgrade has hear good reviews.

A friend has the new focus rs...similar money....lovely and meant to be a great drive, but its still the golf for me....all very personal!

Interesting week 23 comments.  Will see how things play out.

:-)

Posted Image

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 17,601 posts
Dynaudio is certainly worth the money. I have it in my Rocco and it's very good and I'm told the system in the MK7 is even better.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

richard_nottm

richard_nottm

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

The Sircoccos a great looking car. Was looking at an Oryx car at the dealers - with 19" wheels and leather.  A real chunky looking coupe.  They are reasonably rare too.

Hopefully the 19s wont be too harsh on uk rides. Took a gamble.

Posted Image

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 17,601 posts
19s are not too bad in my experience and as you've specced DCC you can always soften it a bit.
  • richard_nottm likes this

maxitrol

maxitrol

• Moderators
  • 1,576 posts
Nice purchase Richard and in the colour is would choose
Look forward to the pictures when you get it but it's going to be a long few weeks

richard_nottm

richard_nottm

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

There is that tumerick yellow vw colour!   Decided against that one! :-)

A mini dilemna is do i stick with the silver mirrors or get the black.  Vw want £75 for black (seems a bit silly) and £450 for carbon.  Was pondering aftermarket carbon replacements after i get the car and decide later. On ebay for < £100.

Edited by richard_nottm, 31 March 2017 - 07:36 AM.

Posted Image

richard_nottm

richard_nottm

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Can anyone recomend a good UK forum for the 7R? 

Posted Image

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 17,601 posts

Can anyone recomend a good UK forum for the 7R?

http://www.vwroc.com...olf-r-mk7-chat/

Not specifically UK but seems to be the most popular.

Rawr_32

Rawr_32

Sausage Fingers

• Members
  • 3,406 posts

http://www.vwroc.com...olf-r-mk7-chat/

Not specifically UK but seems to be the most popular.

As above, very good forum with a mass of information.

richard_nottm

richard_nottm

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

As above, very good forum with a mass of information.

Thanks signed up now.

Posted Image

Gaz W

Gaz W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Good luck with sale of your R32, the 7.5 R you've spec'd will be a worthy replacement i'm sure!

Your car should definitely be a Model Year 18, be very surprised if it is not as most orders will now have switched to MY18. Afraid there are no changes I have seen for MY18 on Golf R, other than availability of performance pack there are no other changes. There are however some updates to the new media system which improve compatibility with some phones/applications and added functionality but this is blanket across multiple models.

I have ordered a MK7.5 GTI Performance i'm waiting for my order to be processed, looking forward to it! 

Edited by Gaz W, 05 May 2017 - 08:46 PM.

richard_nottm

richard_nottm

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Good luck with sale of your R32, the 7.5 R you've spec'd will be a worthy replacement i'm sure!

Your car should definitely be a Model Year 18, be very surprised if it is not as most orders will now have switched to MY18. Afraid there are no changes I have seen for MY18 on Golf R, other than availability of performance pack there are no other changes. There are however some updates to the new media system which improve compatibility with some phones/applications and added functionality but this is blanket across multiple models.

I have ordered a MK7.5 GTI Performance i'm waiting for my order to be processed, looking forward to it! 

Cheers. Enjoy the new GTI. :-) 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users