- - - - -

Mobile Theme - Adverts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 17,515 posts
How come I've suddenly got annoying adverts popping up when using the mobile version of the site?

Didn't happen before today?
  • CodiPargo likes this
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Dodders

Dodders

• Members
  • 1,934 posts
Perhaps this how were going to have to pay for using the site from now on?

Rawr_32

Rawr_32

Sausage Fingers

• Members
  • 3,374 posts
Not seen. Any so my Adblock plus app must be working.

Lamb32

Lamb32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Just seen them today on mine too, never had this before :(

SlammedR32

SlammedR32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Do people not use Tapatalk on mobile?

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationCullompton Devon

Vortex mobile is spammed to hell with adverts so not surprised it`s happening on here as same company owns both forums unfortunately. Silly money wanted to advertise on here since the site got bought means most companies have left same as on vortex when they got bought out 1-2 years ago. The parent company just seems to be on a short term gain with very little input policy. Just use adblock to remove them. 

715 bhp turbo Mk4 Golf R32. Still wanting more power . 
MK4/5 Tubular manifolds,down pipes, de-cats,sport cats plus full exhaust system always for sale please PM me for details.

AGAdmin

AGAdmin

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 135 posts

Hey,

Once logged in to your account, you should only see an ad at the very end on the page. Where are you seeing the ads? What device/browser are you using? Can you send a screenshot the the ads?

Niall

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 17,515 posts
It's the ad at the end of the page I was referring to.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

JohnR32DUB

JohnR32DUB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationSW London,Surrey,South of England

I had an issue with my data being munched on investigating it was coming from a site that has moving or animated adverts and emojis and guess what is was the R32OC.So I took it off my mobile and didn't use it and my data stopped getting munched ! So it seemed for what I was told was this is a way of the page making money somehow I believe! So if you have a limited amount of data double check how much it is taking and make sure you log out as that will save data being munched! I hope this has been helpful.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users