• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

AndyV1990

AndyV1990

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield
So driving down motorway in 50 zone, 50 zone ends, put my foot down, car changes down to 3rd (DSG) but then sort of stalls and just accelerates fairly slowly. Then goes as normal no problems. Pull up at a side road picking mrs up and I have window down and on idle I can't hear anything except the usual chain tap noise (they are -1 and -2 so fine). I give a little throttle blip to 1000 revs and hear a little rattle, as I increase the revs a bit the rattle gets louder. It's almost like heat shield rattle or something but then as I'm driving it is continuous when revs are increasing (when the car seems as its most bassy Rev range) couple videos I can send to anyone who can help quickly please if you PM me your number or email as I'm going to Wales on Saturday and need to get it sorted. Working tomorrow too so won't be able to get to a garage unfortunately Thanks in advance, hopefully someone replies... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • !ImWritercergo likes this

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 6,664 posts
  • LocationCullompton Devon

Could be hundreds of things which all anyone can do is guess. You need to get the car up on a ramp and have somebody look underneath to see what`s going on to be honest. 

715 bhp turbo Mk4 Golf R32. Still wanting more power . 
MK4/5 Tubular manifolds,down pipes, de-cats,sport cats plus full exhaust system always for sale please PM me for details.

AndyV1990

AndyV1990

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield

Could be hundreds of things which all anyone can do is guess. You need to get the car up on a ramp and have somebody look underneath to see what`s going on to be honest. 

Yeah I figured that buddy, I was just hoping there were things such as DMF or DSG that could be ruled out and possibly narrowed down to something like heat shield rattle or something less serious, but that obv wouldn't account for the weird gear change on motorway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrexad02

Wrexad02

• Members
  • 664 posts
  • LocationBristol

As Michael said its gonna be a guess at best.. but DMF rattle has a pretty unique sound to it so shouldn't be hard to rule that out, If the rattle was that bad though i wouldn't be driving it far

Edited by Wrexad02, 20 April 2017 - 10:36 PM.

AndyV1990

AndyV1990

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield

As Michael said its gonna be a guess at best.. but DMF rattle has a pretty unique sound to it so shouldn't be hard to rule that out, If the rattle was that bad though i wouldn't be driving it far

Sent you PM mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyV1990

AndyV1990

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield
Just rotten exhaust clamps thank god Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • daveleeuk likes this

AndyV1990

AndyV1990

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield
And somehow a lambda sensor had come loose too which actually was the real source of the rattle lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users