- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

arthu.:R

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I have a question to ask with regards to rear Peloquin LSD.

I have already installed the front Peloquin LSD when my transmission was dropped to change the clutch/flywheel. I found a phenomenal improvement in handling when cornering AND accelerating. I could accelerate and steer decisively even in the wet!!!

I wonder if there is any point to install the rear LSD as well.

Has anyone done both and in what situation will the rear LSD kicks in ??

Toffs

Toffs

.:R32OC Parking Attendant

• .:R32OC Contributor
  • 3,967 posts
  • 8 Thanks
I guess before answering, we'd need a little more information about the vehicle and its intended use. What suspension/other braces/haldex controller/power (FI?)/etc?

From the research I've done: if its a N/A engine, then its a very high expense for rather little gain - Unless your tracking/racing/competing in the vehicle.
Ant32 has one, but he's running a very high powered turbo charged engine.

Like yourself, I found the front Peloquin TBD (Torsion Biasing Differential - its not technically a Limited Slip Diff ;)) to be a very worthwhile modification.

Edited by Toffs, 13 February 2011 - 02:28 PM.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Posted Image
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • 1 Thanks
hI Toff,

What's the diff between TBD and LSD ?? I have always thought that the front Peloquin is a proper LSD. Guess I sam wrong.

My Mk4 is NA with Schrick cams. Purpose is really for daily driving and occasional track day.

Toffs

Toffs

.:R32OC Parking Attendant

• .:R32OC Contributor
  • 3,967 posts
  • 8 Thanks
TBD & LSD etc, read here: Differentials (Open, LSD and so on)

Another thread (not about the rear) here: http://www.r32oc.com/performance-technical/24559-quaife-atb-differential.html

Vid of rear TBD: http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u26/powerdubs/?action=view¤t=R.mp4

Rear thread: VWVortex.com - Peloquin Rear Diff Test for the R32/TT

Hope this helps, happy reading :top:

Edited by Toffs, 16 February 2011 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users