• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sixteen10

sixteen10

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Guys

I have seen very few threads with substantial info on this so I am hoping someone can give me a good heads up as to what I need:

1. I am in the process of buying an RNS-510 and want bluetooth installed at the same time. I currently have an iPhone 4S , will the OEM system work with my phone?

2. In the event that it does , what functionality will I get through the MFD and my RNS? Will I be able to dial and answer calls from my RNS as well as my MFD ( with coding of course ) ?

Bear in mind I have no interest in streaming audio over bluetooth from my phone , I just want to be able to browse contacts through my MFD , answer off of my MFS and have the same functions through the RNS510 itself.

Will the 9W3 premium bluetooth module work?

Thanks
Grant

birdiemachine

birdiemachine

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 2878 posts
  • 22 Thanks
I retrofitted a rns510 to my mk5 r32 mate, at the same time i installed a mobridge bluetooth module, the beauty of this bluetooth module is it has a slot for a sd card so you can upgrade it at a later date to be able to deal with new phones etc etc, it's not that cheap but is really worth it and a doddle. I don't have a mfsw or a highline display so can't answer your questions about functionality regarding that.

I got my rns510 off n13kkf on here, he is very knowledagble in this area, hope this helps.

sixteen10

sixteen10

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks mate. Ended up using the oem 9W7 BT module and everything works great :)

BManLDN

BManLDN

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • 7 Thanks
  • LocationFrankfurt / West LDN
Garage View Garage
Hi mate,

May I ask if you can A2DP stream in stero from your phone via the Mobridge unit or does it come in mono?

SD card slot?  Mine has a mini USB PORT for updating!

Cheers

View Postbirdiemachine, on 30 June 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

I retrofitted a rns510 to my mk5 r32 mate, at the same time i installed a mobridge bluetooth module, the beauty of this bluetooth module is it has a slot for a sd card so you can upgrade it at a later date to be able to deal with new phones etc etc, it's not that cheap but is really worth it and a doddle. I don't have a mfsw or a highline display so can't answer your questions about functionality regarding that.

I got my rns510 off n13kkf on here, he is very knowledagble in this area, hope this helps.

Everything (excluding a sunroof - shite option anyway)... and more!!!

birdiemachine

birdiemachine

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 2878 posts
  • 22 Thanks

Hi mate,

May I ask if you can A2DP stream in stero from your phone via the Mobridge unit or does it come in mono?

SD card slot?  Mine has a mini USB PORT for updating!

Cheers

Unfortunately just mono mate

BManLDN

BManLDN

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • 7 Thanks
  • LocationFrankfurt / West LDN
Garage View Garage
Ditto.....

View Postbirdiemachine, on 03 July 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Unfortunately just mono mate

Everything (excluding a sunroof - shite option anyway)... and more!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users