idivuoma

idivuoma

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • 0 Thanks
man, this looks sweet!! A good one for all of us Avic F-series owners :top:

Vwvortex thread
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24tVA8vBT58"]Youtube clip[/ame]
2009 model 5-door R32 DSG. All standard + Pioneer Avic F900, Hertz speakers all around and custom sewed mats.
Future plans: Veba 5.8" headrest screens, CC Tuningtool remap, Evom intake + lots of fuel.

idivuoma

idivuoma

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • 0 Thanks
Link to Pioneer firmware 2.0 download site
2009 model 5-door R32 DSG. All standard + Pioneer Avic F900, Hertz speakers all around and custom sewed mats.
Future plans: Veba 5.8" headrest screens, CC Tuningtool remap, Evom intake + lots of fuel.

Guest_khutula_*

Guest_khutula_*
  • Guests
  • Thanks
Only 1.9 avialable in UK at mo - will check what version mine is.

idivuoma

idivuoma

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • 0 Thanks
Click the link in my prevoius post, you'll find the download link. Works ok with my EU headunit, even if it's released only(?) in US.

Guest_khutula_*

Guest_khutula_*
  • Guests
  • Thanks
Excellent - how are you finding the voice commands?  How does it know when to listen to your instruction?

Might give it a go.

idivuoma

idivuoma

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • 0 Thanks

khutula said:

Excellent - how are you finding the voice commands?  How does it know when to listen to your instruction?

Might give it a go.

Don't know, it doesn't seem to work with the voice-thing. Tried a few minutes ago. Can't even find the MSN Direct thing, that's supposed to be there under the navigation menu.

But, except for that.. It's just the same as any older firmware, only that it works faster and it starts faster.

Guest_khutula_*

Guest_khutula_*
  • Guests
  • Thanks
Anything that works faster is a good thing.  Cause my only critism of the unit is the speed at which it takes to boot up - its proper slow.

idivuoma

idivuoma

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • 0 Thanks

khutula said:

Anything that works faster is a good thing.  Cause my only critism of the unit is the speed at which it takes to boot up - its proper slow.

I love the bootup time with 2.0, it's a little too fast compared to older firmwares :vroam:

Guest_JvdMeer_*

Guest_JvdMeer_*
  • Guests
  • Thanks

idivuoma said:

I love the bootup time with 2.0, it's a little too fast compared to older firmwares :vroam:

Hi i just got the f900bt and upgraded to sersion 1.9(works oke).

When you did a upgrade to 2.0 what is the NAV doing,
reinstall all EU maps and languages(so removed Dutch ect .....)?
Or it lets stay the old IGo map and change nothing?

Regards,
Jelte

idivuoma

idivuoma

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • 0 Thanks
the map is the same, nothing changed and no pins or other waypoints or favourites deleted. The only thing that dissapears are the FM/AM channel saves, EQ and FAD/BAL settings.. that's because you have to reset the HU when installing 2.0

Guest_JvdMeer_*

Guest_JvdMeer_*
  • Guests
  • Thanks
Thanks it works .... :tee:

idivuoma

idivuoma

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • 0 Thanks

JvdMeer said:

Thanks it works .... :tee:

How is your Avic workin after the FW update? and by the way, is it a US or non-US headunit?

Guest_JvdMeer_*

Guest_JvdMeer_*
  • Guests
  • Thanks
It is working almost ok now, just i can not change the languase to dutch anymore.
When doing this system almost not responding, when use the default US language it works ok.

But see no any upgrade after the 1.9 release, so would prefere to go back to 1.9 but this aint posible as firmware can not be downgraded.

Will send a email to pioneer and hope the have a tool to downgrade the 2.1 version to 1.9
But as a said the rest works fine, no bugs etc ....

Guest_JvdMeer_*

Guest_JvdMeer_*
  • Guests
  • Thanks
Solved it, put old firmware back and i can select Dutch again.

AVIC411.com :: View topic - HOW TO REINSTALL UPDATE (re-done step by step)

Steps:
1.)copy the Igo folder on your actual Avic unit MyFlash/APL2
2.)Move this folder onto you computer. (You will need the space 1.56gb is the size of Igo Folder)
3.)Put the testmode and Metacap folders on SD
4.)Also put the LPUE080
5.)Put the card with the above files in your Avic and start it up.
6.)Go back to the My flash Drive and (DELETE ALL FILES)even after selecting all and deleting,two popped up on me but i went back re-selected these and deleted them
7.)navigate back to the Storage Card
8.)Open the LPUE080 folder
9.)go to LPUE080/APL/find the application that say "UPDATE"
10.)double click or hit run
11.)goes through the regular update process(takes like 10 mins)
12.)Unit restarts and is still in testmode
13.)Remove SD (but make sure your car is still running and in testmode)
14.)Put SD card in computer and delete ALL FILES
15.)now copy back the Igo file which you moved to your computer in step 1
16.)now put your sd card in your avic(which is still running and in testmode)
17.)go to storage card
18.)select the Igo file and cut it
19.) No go back and open My Flash/APL2 and select the old iGo file and delete it.
20.)Now copy and paste the iGo file which you cut from your storage card and paste it in the APL2 folder
21.)Close out of windows and shut off car
22.)remove SD
23.)start back up and finish the TTS part of the upgrade.

mauricioganem

mauricioganem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 Thanks
HI people, anyone know where I can find the AVIC-F900 maps updates for UK?

thanks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users