VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Did anyone run 1/4 mile today at Inters?

I did 3runs, wondered how they compared to others?

·
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The times are in the car, but I managed a 0-60 in 6.9 something, and a 1/4 mile in 14.9 something.

It was raining heavily, so the start was awesome fun! I totally spanked a mk4 Gti, and heavily modded mk2, and the beast of Gary Handa's infamous MRK IV (supposed to have 350bhp I think).

I was carrying my brother, and half a tank of fuel, so the car wasn't pre-prepared in anyway.
It was streaming down with rain, and a strong headwind, I am wondering what sort of times I should expect really.

The 3rd run was totally awesome, I launched at 5,000rpm and all 4wheels spun, I can't see how much more I could have improved, I changed up at 6800-7000 rpm in each gear, and each gear was pretty much banged thru as fast as it would go.

Looking over on VWvortex, some guys have run 14.1 on Standard R32's!!

Wonder what the hell they are doing to get so fast?!

·
1,748 Posts
their 1/4 is shorter than ours no shit
iv ben the pod once in mine with proper cack tyres on a crap early map and a 4 mo exhaust got a cpl of 14.8s there was a headwind then too lol
my 1st run (equal fastest) i sat at 6499 rpm at the start and just side footed the clutch i thought the 4wd wasnt workin at 1st because it just sat on the limiter i quickly realized it was spinning all 4 wheels hehe got a really good pic of that anything over 4k off the line = bouncing off the limiter. wanna get back down there now iv got good suspension good tyres and the competition spec haldex controller wanna have a duel with my charged vr6 which i got back yesterday the vr will win though haha

·
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats awesome man, I wasn't brave enough to give it 6000+ launch!

If it's raining again tomorrow, I'll try a braver 5500 launch. Looking at one of the graph times, I did a 0-30mph in 1.7 which is quite fast isn't it?

·
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, here are my times:

14.98 secs, 7.58 to 60
14.89 secs, 7.55 to 60
15.15 secs, 6.96 to 60

I'm quite happy with 14.89, considering it only my 2nd time I've done this before (and the previous time was 4years ago!), it was raining heavily, strong wind, and carrying a passenger!!

Maybe if the conditions were nicer, I could have cracked 14.5?
0-60 seems a bit slow though doesn't it?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
The 1/4 times sound alright, but the 0-60 times do sound off to me. At the pod they don't give you 0-60 time they just give you 0-60ft which is slightly different but i'd expect with those sort of quarter times it should be around 6.7. I managed a 14.8 1/4 at the pod which was slightly damp. I think in a standard car it would be difficult to get 14.5.

·
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great times there man!

Are you going tomorrow?

If it rains, I'm gonna do the strip again, I'd love to race another R32!

·
143 Posts
i'd like to go again tomorrow and could do as it's only half hour away from me but will see how things go, plus i wouldn't want to be raggin the car that much in one weekend! i went up against the twin vr6 mk3 and it made me look silly slow!

·
180 Posts
Gti Fly said:
The times are in the car, but I managed a 0-60 in 6.9 and the beast of Gary Handa's infamous MRK IV (supposed to have 350bhp I think).
Can't believe I missed that car! Has it changed colour or something because I didn't see it? I know its on a different reg these days.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
3 runs, 3 wins.... ! :xD:xD:xD

Not sure MacDaddy too happy about being beaten by a MkV DSG!

Best time 5.81 0-60 and 14.58 1/4 mile. Damn good fun and a great two days depsite the rain and gales, LOL

·
777 Posts
brilliant times there Jaycee, glad you improved on yesterday!! And well done on beating MAcdaddy!!

·
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
topher said:
Can't believe I missed that car! Has it changed colour or something because I didn't see it? I know its on a different reg these days.
Yeh it's on a different reg now, but still the same colour.

Didn't go on the strip today, the track was bone dry, didn't fancy toasting the clutch

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
JayCee said:
3 runs, 3 wins.... ! :xD:xD:xD

Not sure MacDaddy too happy about being beaten by a MkV DSG!

Best time 5.81 0-60 and 14.58 1/4 mile. Damn good fun and a great two days depsite the rain and gales, LOL
To say i was miffed was an understatement....... That'll teach me to slip the clutch :(

Andy range me straight after to explain i didnt need to ride the clutch all that way hehe.. It was an accident !!!
Once those clutches slip the keep on slipping !!

7.1 on the first run and about 15.8 or so 1/4

Second run against Andy's Turbo'd R i managed to launch it properly :

5.8 0-60
14.3 on the 1/4

Much better altho if i took all that damn luggage out i rkn i'd be hitting late 13's.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts