VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for wheels for my R32 for months now. I've gone through all the usual suspects (BBS CH, O.Z Ultra etc…) and I've finally found the wheels I want! They're made by a company called Morr and are very high quality, forged monoblocks. The only problem is, they currently only offer fitment for BMW and Porsche models.

However, I've been speaking with them and they've told me that if I can get together ten people then they'll make them in the perfect fitment for the MkV R32! Places are limited so if you're interested, put your name down! I've enclosed as much info as possible. I hope you agree that they'll look fantastic on our cars.

Price is $2,250 + $400 for UK shipping which is very good for a high quality, forged wheel like this (£1,350 for a set of 4).

We are starting production of our long anticipated 7-spoke mesh style MonoForged VS8®! Production will include any desired finish Matte Black, Sparkle Silver, Smoked Titanium, Diamond Silver (Buff Aluminum) or Signature Silver (Brushed Aluminum).

It is important to mention these wheels are true performance wheels. The lightness and stiffness of our construction is far superior than any 3PC wheel. Our MonoForged series is in to fill the gap in the market for such product. A product that will offer the elegance and aggressiveness most of us desire combined with the performance enhancement of your vehicle such as:

- Reduced unsprung weight improving handling, acceleration, braking and steering
- Rigidity for improved cornering
- Flawless CNC machining for near perfect balancing
- Unequaled aesthetics
- Improved fatigue resistance

Official Specifications:

Material: High Grade T6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy.
Construction: 8000 TON Forging.
Finishes: Matte Black, Sparkle Silver, Smoked Titanium, Diamond Silver and Signature Silver.
Size: 19x8
Offset: ET50
Weight: 19lbs
Certifications: JWL, VIA

I realise it is probably going to be hard to find the required number on R32OC but thought I'd give it a go! Add your name if interested.

*** Interested in Morr VS8 Group Buy ***

1. Davefish

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
very few people can justify £1350 without tyres for wheels and id hazard a guess you have a very.... unique style lol.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
exactly what i said :aetsch: £1350 is alot of muhla for a relatively unknown make. and i think most people on here would rather spend that on a set of BBS etc etc

·
777 Posts
could try ukmkiv's/tyresmoke but still doubt you would find 9 others. they look ok to me but I got BBS now:ciao:

·
815 Posts
they are nice wheels couldnt you just get them in porsche fitmet and have adapters, i think Lee @ LM Audio had porsche wheels on his car with adapters, dunno if it would work but probly save you the hastle of finding 9 other people who want the same wheels.

Stu

·
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StuOwen86 said:
they are nice wheels couldnt you just get them in porsche fitmet and have adapters, i think Lee @ LM Audio had porsche wheels on his car with adapters, dunno if it would work but probly save you the hastle of finding 9 other people who want the same wheels.

Stu
Thanks for the info Stu. I don't fancy going down the adapter route though ;-)

Any MKV boys out there up for this? Trust me, they'll look amazing! 10 places available, I have 46 american potentials (19 of which look promising).

·
394 Posts
is there any chance u could photoshop the alloys on ur r32 so i could see what they look like in different colours see what suits it best cheers

·
394 Posts
cheers dave the signature silver are the ones i like im interested could u add me to the list cheers mate

·
815 Posts
those wheels look VERY nice on the mk5.

Stu

·
748 Posts
any pics with them on a mk 4?

·
3,392 Posts
They look alot like the M3 CSL wheels.

Spot on tho and i like your effort for trying. If i had the spare cash i would love a set!

·
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not going to happen for a while (not guaranteed to ever happen) but I do think they'd look bloody good. I will keep pursuing it but to be honest, I'm completely fed up with the whole alloy wheel thing. It's my own fault for becoming obsessed about trying to find THE wheels. I need to replace my front tyres (225/40/18) ASAP but I have a brand new set of 235/35/19 Michelin PS2's sitting in my garage. I'm soooo close to pulling the trigger on a set of 19" BBS CH's. Can't take it any more!

*rocks back and forth in corner*

·
Registered
364 Posts
lols,

I have no doubt I will be doing the same sometime next year as I want to fill the archesa little myself, Always liked five spokes on a golf though.

·
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SWC said:
lols,

I have no doubt I will be doing the same sometime next year as I want to fill the archesa little myself, Always liked five spokes on a golf though.
I think I may have had an epiphany tonight... just mulling it over :cheers:

·
Registered
364 Posts
A wheel that has caught my eye is the Helios from the phaeton but they come in fairly heavy if changing wheels i would like to keep the unsprung weight down or lower it.

·
1,957 Posts
The more I look at these in smoked titanium the more I think they'd look fantastic on my Grey MkV. Only snag is that my car modding pot of money will be emptied on Thursday when I go to APS.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.