VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
4,134 Posts
If Pommes old one still has all the same parts fitted, that's a bargain.
12k for the other one is pretty cheap too.
I think this is the problem with them being bought and sold so quickly, too cheap for non enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Perhaps both realised how much they are gonna cost to run and keep on the road?

Or they both already have received driving bans

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
The blue one is Chippys old one I think

As owning a Turbo'd one for a number of years mine has cost no more "to keep on the road" than any other.

Once the initial cost of doing the mods then it cost no more to run than any other

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
The blue one is Chippys old one I think

As owning a Turbo'd one for a number of years mine has cost no more "to keep on the road" than any other.

Once the initial cost of doing the mods then it cost no more to run than any other
Spot on Paul- good FI motors don't really cost much more to run than OEM, maybe more petrol & servicing as most owners are more anal when it comes to maintanence.

Strange how both these cars have had a premium put on after selling recently- think pommes old car has been on YouTube recently being properly abused too- makes me think there dealers just looking to make a wage quickly

·
4,328 Posts
Kind of had the incling the guy would be taking it and selling it on quickly as put it in a trade policy for v5.

Would be interested to see the YouTube clip if anyone has a link?

I heard pommes turbos went right after he sold it.
Na wasn't the turbo, something to do with drivetrain. Guy bought it, I said done go to stage 4 on boost controller as untested. He immediately put it into stage 4 and launched it off the junction and blew either the gearbox or clutch.

·
682 Posts
pomme said:
Kind of had the incling the guy would be taking it and selling it on quickly as put it in a trade policy for v5.

Na wasn't the turbo, something to do with drivetrain. Guy bought it, I said done go to stage 4 on boost controller as untested. He immediately put it into stage 4 and launched it off the junction and blew either the gearbox or clutch.
It was the clutch, I met the guy last week. Didn't say he was selling it this quick

·
4,715 Posts
pomme said:

My bad

·
Registered
628 Posts

1 - 20 of 35 Posts