VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Decided to remove my coil packs today to get at the spark plugs, mine is a 2003 which iv had from new with around 24k on the clock. Its never had its plugs changed as there due @ 40k but its worked hard in that time on track days and at the ring ;)

Getting the coil packs out wasn't easy as they have been in there 4 years now un touched, there was quite a lot of sand and grit wedging them in which I managed top remove with the Dyson before finaly taking the spark plugs out.

On to my main point, the last time I managed to run vagcom on the car I was getting miss fires logged but I cant remember exactly which cylinder ect my old cable has died on me and im awaiting the arrival of my new genuine one from the Mkiv forums group buy.

Are the coil packs that came with the car still the current ones in use, or has there been any upgrades from VW ?

Cheers
Matt

·
947 Posts
VW upgraded them. Alot of the original coil packs gave problems and VW have now solved the problem. My car has had 2 coil packs fail to date.

·
540 Posts
when i got my supercharger fitted the car wasnt getting the bhp it should of been and we thot it was the air mass meter but it turns out it was my plugs and coil packs.mine were almost welded in and and absolute joke to get out!!! i got that done a few months ago and it solved the lack of power.i can ask my mechanic wot the part number is and get back to you.they have to be back ordered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts