VW Golf R32 Forum banner

2007 3.2 V6 Eos DSG

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DubNurd 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2007 VW Eos V6 DSG - Now Sold

#2 ·
Free bump... Sorry - just a question related to your exhaust
wink.gif

Does it sound nice with the standard back box on that exhaust? I have an R32 engine in my Touran, and the EOS V6 back box would fit perfectly, and I suspect sound better than the 2.0 petrol one on there now. I hoping yours isn't too raspy when cold, or stupidly loud? I just want a nice tone, but mostly quiet
dirol.gif
I just can't find the correct back box here in NZ.

#3 ·
If it helps, my MK5 has Lucifer sports cats with standard back box. I would say it has gotten louder overall and a littly tinny. But once the cats have time to warm up. Low down in the revs it still has that grunt. Only when you're gunning it does it start to get slightly tinny again.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Free bump... Sorry - just a question related to your exhaust
wink.gif

Does it sound nice with the standard back box on that exhaust? I have an R32 engine in my Touran, and the EOS V6 back box would fit perfectly, and I suspect sound better than the 2.0 petrol one on there now. I hoping yours isn't too raspy when cold, or stupidly loud? I just want a nice tone, but mostly quiet
dirol.gif
I just can't find the correct back box here in NZ.
It sounds as you describe, predominantly quiet but the Lucifer Sports Cats and pipes liberate the sound of the V6 in a warm subtle burble way. I would not describe it as either loud or raspy. As you can see from the pic, on the EOS the Lucifer System deletes the first pair of boxes, but there are two further boxes downstream..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.