VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
2,808 Posts
is there anymore news on when this is gona actually happen?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
It's not going to happen on the current platform, it's highly likely it'll happen on the next one but then that's dependent on weather they bother to bring out performance Golfs as the Scirocco is likely to swipe that market.

·
2,808 Posts
I think porsche should get involved and make a special R32 like they did for Audis RS2. Would be awesome.

·
5,499 Posts
I reckon it's too late for an R36, i mean in terms of rising fuel costs, i doubt they will be able to shift many

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rupo said:
I think porsche should get involved and make a special R32 like they did for Audis RS2. Would be awesome.
I'm with you there mate, so far it seems to be tuners like HGP who have been developing if you like special R32's ie. Mk5 with R36 bi-turbo.

·
3,281 Posts
The 3.6 engine will not fit inside the engine bay of a MKV it's a completely different unit thats why it'll never happen, those stories have been banded around for ages.

A real shame, but hey, at least residuals will not be effected by a higher spec model!!

·
2,808 Posts
really? Some dude has recently put one in a MK4 on here.

·
25 Posts
Held off buying my R (for a while) in case it happened. Won't happen (if ever) until MkVI, won't fit, drivetrain can't handle the extra grunt.....

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jaysR32 said:
The 3.6 engine will not fit inside the engine bay of a MKV it's a completely different unit thats why it'll never happen, those stories have been banded around for ages.

A real shame, but hey, at least residuals will not be effected by a higher spec model!!
Here it is....http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3686572

·
4,328 Posts
BFB said:
Held off buying my R (for a while) in case it happened. Won't happen (if ever) until MkVI, won't fit, drivetrain can't handle the extra grunt.....
The R36 engine def fits and the drivtrain will handle it easily, as what the extra .4 litre will add, what 50 break at most so taking ti to 300 break. Which know alot of people are running with drivetrains being fine. I think it wont happen as already stated becuase of petrol prices, goverments, as well as the cost of the build getting up to audi territory so would in effect be rivaling themselves :(

·
281 Posts
If there ever is an R36 Golf it would be great but I think the next incarnation of the R Golf will most likely be a Turbo four pot beyond that. If you consider the Anniversary Golf GTI is tunable to 300BHP and the shift to VW using smaller engines with Superchargers and Turbos in unison.

It makes sense in the current environmental market place where fuel costs are up and the environment is supposibly on the buyers minds.....why not use a 1.8 with a supercharger for low down grunt and turbo for up top shunt, cheap to run but will still go some.........

Could be good news for us Mkiv and Mkv owners, last of the the VW big V6s....:cool:

·
3,281 Posts
Of course it will fit if someone actually does a one off and makes modifications to suit, it doesn't mention how much structural alterations they had to make, infact it all seems rather secretive, however, with the current safety standards set and legislations VW cannot place the 3.6 lump in the chassis as a production vehicle and pass eu legislation that's the long and the short of it. God I could be eating my hat one day!!

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, I maybe a bit cynical here...is this government purposely pushing up fuel costs so eventually we will be heading towards alternative engines....like electric/gas or hybrid cars like Honda and Toyota? :unsure:

·
2,548 Posts
Golf R36 Bi-Turbo

3.2 is massive in a hatchback. A 3.6 is just going to add even more weight up front. The smart thing would be to tune the current setup to around 300 bhp. Please no 2.0 turbo... common and boring.

·
1,838 Posts
There not inteligent enough to do that.Also if they get us all in milkfloats how they gonna raise revenue from speed scamera,s.They just need to keep ripping us off with fuel duty so they can give foreign prisoners there 3K to go home with and buy some more drugs.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
the 3.6 i belive isnt bigger than the 3.2 size wise in the engine bay. smaller degree v must mean its actually slightly smaller just inside will have longer stroke and bit bigger bore. will be nice to see it go ahead on the new model, plus being fsi might give out the same mpg as the current 3.2 with injection into the manifold not direct into the conbustion chamber

·
2,548 Posts
If it's no heavier then great. If not, I'd have a tuned 3.2 any day. I can't see a Golf R36 really, despite the rumours over the last 24 months.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts