2008 MK5 DBP 3DR Manual 28k

Tags
for sale
4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  colinc 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey everyone

Regrettably the time has come for me to move on my golf
sad.png
I am a long time enthusiast and have been a member on here for over 8 years. I am the 3rd owner

I moved to Australia in December 2014 and as such, the car has seen very little use, hence the genuine low mileage. I have no intention of coming back and so it is now time for it to go.

It is in original unmolested condition, the only upgrade it ever had was the multi function steering wheel, however I didn't fit the loom as I couldn't source it at the time and not long after I moved country. I

do have the original so it would be an easy swap.

To prevent anything from seizing up, my family have kept it running and have taken it on small runs to keep everything working as it should.

I am a mechanic and so it was serviced by me prior to me leaving. It had a brand new set of eagle f1s just before I left, along with a service, including the Haldex oil and filter. The tyres were changed 6 years ago and have only covered no more than 1000 miles, they are in good condition.

Engine oil and filter has been changed yearly since I left and it was serviced a month ago.

There is no damage internally or externally, I kept this example absolutely immaculate, many hours were spent cleaning polishing this every weekend.

My brother is also a mechanic and so when I left, he serviced it for me

It breezed through it's MOT last week with no advisories so it will come with a full years MOT.

I know this cars whole history so please feel free to shoot me any questions

As for price, I have been out of this scene for a while and so have to go on what the likes of piston heads and auto trader have listed.

Webuyanycar will now give me 13k for it.

I would be looking for 17k and as yet I haven't listed it on auto trader or anywhere else, I'd prefer it to go to an enthusiast first. However it will be listed in a weeks time if I have no interest here.

It is located in North London and yes I am still in Australia but please message me anytime

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Make it cheaper and you’ll get a bite.

£4k above wbac is a bit steep. The market is massively inflated at the mo. You may find if you keep hold of it it becomes more like £12k private.

Looking at some of the previous low milers on her you Cld get a 17000 mile one owner for £10 not long ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Make it cheaper and you’ll get a bite.

£4k above wbac is a bit steep. The market is massively inflated at the mo. You may find if you keep hold of it it becomes more like £12k private.

Looking at some of the previous low milers on her you Cld get a 17000 mile one owner for £10 not long ago

Mate I've had an offer from a dealer of 14900 so I don't think I'm wrong

#12 ·
So do it for £15k to an enthusiast then and get rid of it to someone who will appreciate and look after it?

The dealer will retail it at £20k and hold on to it for a while probably. They’ll have to make it worth their while. Flipping it for a couple of grand wldnt be worth it to them.

#13 ·
So do it for £15k to an enthusiast then and get rid of it to someone who will appreciate and look after it?

The dealer will retail it at £20k and hold on to it for a while probably. They’ll have to make it worth their while. Flipping it for a couple of grand wldnt be worth it to them.

I really don't know what your problem is, I'm selling my personal car, I know exactly what it's worth and at the end of the day, someone will pay for what they think it's worth.

Can you not keep busting my balls on my thread?

If a dealer if offering me 15 and will sell it for 20, then what's the issue of me going in the middle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.