VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new here, and I'm trying to sort out some of my R32s issues.

This issue is with the AWD and the haldex system. I took my car to VW to clear some codes and bleed the brakes and this came up in the report.

Rectangle Font Parallel Paper Paper product

Anybody know what this means? Or how to fix it?

The warning light that comes up on the dash is the traction control. It will illuminate randomly around 60km/h or 5min into a drive.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Trip computer

I had the car up on a hoist when the light is on and when it is off. When its off the car is fine and all 4 wheels spin. When its on I have a FWD R32, which I'm not a fan of.

Please help me out!

PS. How do I clear the "Tire inflation" light on the dash? Its been there since I picked up the car from VW. It'll flash for a minute then stay on.

Attachments

·
19,403 Posts
To reset the TPMS light press and hold the TPMS reset button next to the ESP button in front of the gearstick until you hear a chime and the light goes out.

I had a similar issue with my ESP light staying on with my R32 and it needed a new Haldex Controller. Started off intermittent and then stayed on all the time.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Edit. Bob beat me to it.

The Tyre Pressure Monitor Light can be reset by holding down the button down by the ashtray for three seconds. It'll beep then go off. You should do this once you have inflated the tyres to the correct pressure (2.8Bar/41PSI).

·
19,403 Posts
That's certainly different to UK Spec
I know in some other models the reset button is in the glove compartment. Have a look in there otherwise have a read of the manual

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Have a look at Post#21 here:-

www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45147

Still worth checking they're the correct pressures before trying the above.

·
19,403 Posts
Good find but what a pain:)

Reactions: Redemption

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, should've mentioned its a US car living in Canada...

As far as that thread goes I found that a month ago when googling this and still hasn't gone off. Tried everything on there, with no results. And the dealer is useless and won't clear it for free - even though it occurred when I picked it up from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts