VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.. i want to drop my mark V by about 20mm.. is this as simple as just springs or will this effect the ride to much ? thanks

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
springs should do you right jonesy. the handling wont change much, maybe slightly bumpier but you wont notice it.

obviously if you can save a little it would be ideal to get a full set of coilovers on her, as then you increase the handling and lower the car but it depends on your circumstances :)

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ..do you have an idea of cost for the coilovers please ? Or maybe the best set of springs ? I do have funds avaliable but was going for the milltek next and then revo..

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
for me personally, id go for coilovers first as opposed to power. In your situation anyway.

Coilovers, id put a thread up in the intelligent tuning section, they are KW and FK Automotive dealers and WILL give you the best price for your application.

For just springs, again i think IT can provide you with the information you need!

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool.. thanks

G

·
Have a look here - I posted this a while ago.

Marketed as racing technology for the road - fully adjustable. I am have a set fitted to my mark IV a week on Friday :151:

·
1,432 Posts
A set of springs and shocks may better suit your needs as you may not require the full features of coilovers.

The story goes that if you just got lowering springs then you are shortening the life of the standard shocks as they are permanently compressed at a level they were not designed to be at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts