VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondered if most people use their R's as everyday motors or weekend toys?

my karmann ghia hasn't had a look in since i got my R six weeks ago :D

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Every day motor for me !!!!!

Although we have a 147 alfa diesel 150bhp i still would rather pay for the extra in petrol just to keep the big grin on my face.

Thats not slagging the Alfa either, its a great car

·
544 Posts
karmann ghia got any pics of it? i have a 1956 beetle 2332cc that is just about ready to get back on the road.
my r32 is an every day mtr for me but i also use the wifes civic type r for a bit fun.

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will try and take some this weekend - its a '72 sunburst yellow coupe (bit of a basket case at the mo) being a uk car the old tin worm has a firm grip on it. have sorted all the running gear etc but not got round to the bodywork yet. got pics of yours? id love a 2.3 stroker in the rear (oh er missus :eek: ), must go like stink! :D

must say - its reeealy hard to know what to spend my money on! the ghia needs attention, but the R is just so damn tuneable :151:

·
100 Posts
I drive this sometimes too. It's well handy but mainly used for transporting mountain bikes so the R does'nt get messed up.

Me in action!.

Ouch!!

·
544 Posts
goose said:
will try and take some this weekend - its a '72 sunburst yellow coupe (bit of a basket case at the mo) being a uk car the old tin worm has a firm grip on it. have sorted all the running gear etc but not got round to the bodywork yet. got pics of yours? id love a 2.3 stroker in the rear (oh er missus :eek: ), must go like stink! :D

must say - its reeealy hard to know what to spend my money on! the ghia needs attention, but the R is just so damn tuneable :151:
some pics for you.
2332cc 48dellortos drla carbs

cb disc brakes and narrowed beam

pro street box and race axles

i have done a bit more since the pics were taken just got some wiring and piping to do and some other bits and bobs.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Everyday fo rme too, just gotta love our delimited roads....

·
38 Posts
Use mine to and from work 14mile round trip then straight away locked in the garage, dont want the scumbags/ jelous tw+ts to see it, use the wifes A4 110 tdi for every thing else:151:

·
449 Posts
I use this as the everyday (Shared with the missus she not allowed to drive th R) commuter

2.0tdi

And I use this to let off some steam at the weekends!

Yz450f 07

·
585 Posts
Had to take a second look at when this thread was originally started(2007)..reason being thats my mate(gogsie) after he chickened out of a jump half way through it in Morzine ,France..Broke his back & was flown home in a leer jet by his holiday Insurance!! What a hloiday eh?!!!

My toys consist of
Sprinter for daily drive
4R for Nice days
VFR 800 road bike(for other nice days)
CRF 450 Moto x bike
SXF 250 Moto x bike
2 full suss mountain bikes
1 hard tail Mountain bike
1 road cycle

I really need to learn thatword SELL:hmmmm:!!!

·
845 Posts
klam said:
Had to take a second look at when this thread was originally started(2007)..reason being thats my mate(gogsie) after he chickened out of a jump half way through it in Morzine ,France..Broke his back & was flown home in a leer jet by his holiday Insurance!! What a hloiday eh?!!!

My toys consist of
Sprinter for daily drive
4R for Nice days
VFR 800 road bike(for other nice days)
CRF 450 Moto x bike
SXF 250 Moto x bike
2 full suss mountain bikes
1 hard tail Mountain bike
1 road cycle

I really need to learn thatword SELL:hmmmm:!!!
Would love a CRF450 , How about i make you a stupid offer for it.

·
585 Posts
ajbell said:
Would love a CRF450 , How about i make you a stupid offer for it.
Ha HA it is actually for sale (well if i pull my finger out that is)It's the 1st of the CRF450's 02 model & I've had it since it was 3 months old!!

Liking your LC mate..I had 2 x 125LC's when i was just a pup & to get through my test...Oooooooooo the micron's were LOUD!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts