VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Looks good, before my time so never heard of either but if the film is as accurate as the actual F1 then it must have been an exciting era

·
19,389 Posts
Looks good, before my time so never heard of either but if the film is as accurate as the actual F1 then it must have been an exciting era
Even although it's before your time,I'm surprised you have never heard of either as they are both legends, in their own way.

Lauda is still around today, as part of the Mercedes team. He still bears the scars of the horrific accident.

Prior to that he was working with Ferrari.

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
I am showing my age here but I remember this. Epic racing in those days, today is tactical and exciting but those drivers of the seventies were nutters, Motorsport is and always will be a very dangerous sport but it is testament to the safety features now that webber walked away from his big off in valencia in 2010. in Hunt and Laudas day that would have been a fireball gameover

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Even although it's before your time,I'm surprised you have never heard of either as they are both legends, in their own way.

Lauda is still around today, as part of the Mercedes team. He still bears the scars of the horrific accident.

Prior to that he was working with Ferrari.
I was born in 1987 and first started watching F1 in 2009. Never heard of either until this film was talked about on this forum. Never heard of Senna until F1 commentators kept talking about Brunos uncle a few years ago. But my family have never watched F1 so it's not like it was on when I was a kid

·
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was born in 1987 and first started watching F1 in 2009. Never heard of either until this film was talked about on this forum. Never heard of Senna until F1 commentators kept talking about Brunos uncle a few years ago. But my family have never watched F1 so it's not like it was on when I was a kid
Fair enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts