VW Golf R32 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
540 Posts
yeah mine is supercharged.i didnt think that would have made a difference as the software you get with the charger just relines all feuling etc??can anyone else with a supercharged r let me know wot there is as im unsure if mine should be diffrent??

·
305 Posts
try using v power petrol from shell, keep to it for a few weeks, should get fid of problem, ie hesitation. trying different fuels made mine play up! some r32s did need the upgrade, others are sensitive to different fuels,

·
267 Posts
local VW stealer has agree to flash the ecu with an update although he couldn't tell me which update as his "master tec" wasn't around .......

just been to www.pro-speedexhausts.com and Charlie ( owner) is going to built cat back 3" system with 4" tails fitted for £430 inc vat .

Same guy who built manifold+ cats for simon of the turbo r32 fame ...

can'twait !:burnout:

·
Registered
97 Posts
mine showed up 221 -

Went to VW for the update and Vw said they couldnt carry out the update because the previous owner had chipped it...

how do I find out what chip is in it? as it's suffering from hesitation from low revs upto 2500rpm, does my head in.... the tech guy said it must be an actual physical chipp as they cannot overright it... but I'm not sure how I can get in and see what chip it is to rectify the problem? any ideas peeps?

·
4,328 Posts
Minty, you shouldnt be punished for having the chip added. Was it sold to you as having a chip, if not then go down this avenue. As the vw garage should have checked it prior to selling, and if they did they should have sold it as having a chip.

Daz im pretty sure it should say 6463, sounds like they have just put the old code bac. I have a feeling the hesitation is caused simialr to the preobelm people get with revo and the figures changing. So putting the 223 back on may work for a while, but i dount forever.

·
4,328 Posts
basically i dont think you have the 6463 update.

with vagcom it will show it when you select control module,then engine,in the coding part it will end in 6463 if you have the update, mine used to read MOTRONIC ME7.1.1 6463

·
277 Posts
finally had it done. they tried to charge me ( nobs) but i had the guy at vw Warranty put a note on the system, so they had to do it for free. i hate people how try scam you!

funniest thing was the women on the phone sounded abit of a cow when she said it wasn't covered and will check. She had to ring me back an apolgise when she found out i was right.

SO got it down for free, and they washed my car :)

Does seem alot better to drive too.

lesson learn't never give in!!!

·
267 Posts
Mine went in tuesday to check if update had been completed , the air con readout showed 225 before and 225 after .......

they did say the car had already been updated and there was nothing to load but i obviously wouldn't know , no hesitation before or after , was just looking for cheap bhp gain !
unfortunetly the clutch master cylinder needs replacing now ....:eek:

·
12 Posts
Back on to the ecu update, my 53 showed 223, tuk it to dealers and told them bout hesitation and upgrade, said the'd install it. pik car up,stil said 223, phoned them back, told me correct upgrade was installed for my chassis no and done online. is this right?? Car goes bak in on monday for scratch, could i ask for the car to be put on vag and check it??::argh:

·
3,137 Posts
you will only see what vresion software you are running if it is plugged into the VAG tool or via vag com. the climatronic does not show what version you have

·
1,184 Posts
I know its an old thread, but a local dealer in Huddersfield very kindly offered to give me the update when its serviced later this month-might be a good idea to combine the two if any of you have a pending service. He said I shouldn't have had access to the fax which I "got from a mate" but said he would honour the update FOC. This plus the Carbonio should give a marked improvement. FYI my lack of 6463 was diagnosed by Awesome GTi when I booked in for the 6 hour free APR remap trial, which I may still have done yet. They saved me the cost of a diagnosis before I knew I needed it! ;)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.