VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Since monday afternoon, i appear to be having problems selecting 6th gear.

Now dont be fooled into thinking i mean engaging when i say selecting.

I can, eventually, engage the 6th gear fine, its the selection of the gear with the stick thats the problem.

now imagine |-|-| is a diagram of the shifter. obviously the upper left point of the first | is 1st gear, and so on.

As most people naturally do, when in 5th, to engage 6th you generally pull down and slightly to the right no?

Well, now, to engage the gear i have to make sure the stick is as close to the left side of 6th gear as possible. IE: doing the opposite of a normal gear change into sixth, almost as if im going into 4th .

Does that make sense?

Hopefully it does, and now someone can maybe give me some advice.

·
1,432 Posts
Hey Wayne,

First I recommend you carry out a shifter adjustment as per the dieselgeek instructions here at the bottom of the page.

But if all other gears select fine as it is now then this might not help at all.

Good luck with fixing things.

·
4,328 Posts
I had a similar problem but it was with 1st, 3rd and 6th, but a play around the with the link that fifty posted sorted it out.

Hope it goes well as the first time i did it i then couldnt get any, doh. Then the 2nd the 3rd time it was better but the fourth go it was the ticket :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts