VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,432 Posts
What suspension do you have on there, OEM or aftermarket?

Reason I ask is that the rear looks very high compared to how it should look from the factory and I thought perhaps that would be because:

1. the transport blocks are still in the springs and were never taken out when it was first delivered to the dealer. This would be odd for a 3-4 year old car which must have been serviced regularly and therefore the techs would have seen them by now, surely!

2. previous owner fitted US rear springs and UK front springs. The US R32 is higher than the UK spec R32 this might explain the height.

3. Aftermarket coilovers which have been adjusted in the rear to be higher than the front on purpose.

4. Maybe its just me because I'm so used to my lowered R now that anything higher looks weird to me.

Nice pics btw :)

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
looks ok to me,

Tell you what it might be fifty, In the second to last pic the car looks like its reversed into a field opening which is on a decline.

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers guys...but it is standard set up with standard springs, as macdaddy said the groud wasnt exactly level so maybe that is the reason...anyway this is the car on the flat and level

·
1,432 Posts
That's quite a good pic to emphasise the need for spacers in the rear :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts