VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here so hello all :bye:

I have had to come to the difficult decision that i have to part with my pride and joy, a car i have owned for the past 2 and a bit years, common sense and practicality have caught up with me :(

My current car

Any way i have been and discussed an exchange with my local dealer, basically i can have their Demo R32 (250 miles) for pretty much a straight swap

So i have come home to research and make my mind up.

I have had a test drive and first impressions were ok, went better than i expected, sounded a lot better than i expected, , but the handling was a bit different to what i am used to, (i suppose i have been spoiled in this dept)

Anyway expect a few silly questions, and if my head overrules my heart then expect some piccys of my car next week sometime

Phil G

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
_Nathan_ has a point. Getting to the levels of handling that you are used to will be difficult, but i have no doubt that you will love the car!

·
18 Posts
As a single car the R32 is great, but if you are used to something as focused as an exige it will be quite a lot different.

M3 CSLs are 30k at the moment, worth a test drive, or if you are near berks then come out in mine. You could get a MK4 R32 and a decent S1 Elise or ropey S2 for the same as a MK5 R32 too, that is a great combination.

G

·
Amazing pictures and one hell of a car. The picture going through water is one of the best car photos I think I have ever seen :151:

I went passed a Lotus dealer and if I didn't have a two year old and another on the way - I would definetly think about an Exige.

·
286 Posts
Love the third down pic. My vote is for a Mk4 R32, 5 door, and the afore mentioned elise. You could even get a high miler R, as it's gonna be the workhorse, and a nicer elise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys :D

The deal is done !!, and i get my car on monday.

Believe me i looked at all my options to keep the exige, but the practicalities of keeping 3 cars at the household and the extra running costs ruled this out.

I have owned a lot of performance cars and i can say that the exige really got under my skin, i now fully understand what makes them so special.

The R32 will be better suited to my current requirements , and i look forward to putting some miles on it.

First job will be ripping out the stereo headunit for something a bit more functional, SAT NAV & IPOD control and maybe some better speakers

Pictures to Follow

Phil G

·
286 Posts
Agreed. It's addictive. You'll be very happy.:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the Exige is history and the R32 is now in my Garage :D

Only put about 30miles on it today, (260 miles on the clock), biggest thing of note for me is how well it is screwed together, no rattles or squeeks, just solid.

Its going to take some getting use to from the exige, it feels very heavy and very slow compared, but the engine is very very nice.

i cannot believe how crap the OEM stereo is, it is coming out the first chance i get.

The stealer valeted the car but the first day i get off work, the clay bar is coming out and it will get a full detail to put a couple of coats of wax on it.

Piccys to follow

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Congrats on the pickup - it really is a great engine, still smiling about it 4k later!

·
324 Posts
Haha! And I almost feel sorry for you mate! But only almost lol! ;)

You'll grow to love the R32 though, they're good cars and go well enough :)

I was looking at either the Golf or a VX220 Turbo. Stuck with the Golf for daily life as I live in it for my job in sales, but I still yearn for the outright blistering pace of a slightly tuned VXT...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome Matey

Love the lotus wouldnt mind one my self one day.

As cherry said the handling department is gonna be totally different

1 - 19 of 19 Posts