VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABT engine tuning
for basis: 3.2 184kW (250 hp)

The requirement to bring out the best in every engine is part of ABT´s family tradition. Whether the task in hand is modification or optimization of the engine electronics or complete remodeling, where performance upgrades are concerned we are in our element and that makes us the world´s number one in this field for cars by Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda. Besides, thanks to the experience we have acquired in our many years of professional racing, we are aware that not only power is important, but also durability, as only a combination of the two ensures lasting and therefore real driving pleasure.
ABT power increase up to 262 kW (370 hp), 400 Nm
Video of the kit on the MKV
http://youtube.com/user/remzey
Videos of a abt supercharged 3.2 TT
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQw4XhCLWWQ

Does anyone on here have this kit? or shed any pricing information about it?

Ive contacted ABT but haven't gotten a reply.

·
2,808 Posts
think superchargers are about 6grand all in. Duno how long the clutch would last though.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
If I remember correctly, I think it'll be around 7k ($14,000). Hopefully I'm wrong and it's lower - seems a bit high for S/C.

Also, you sure that vid is for the ABT S/c?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guyz.. im noob here from Dubai (u.a.e) and currently own a Hyundai Tiburon 2004 i4.. but hold ur horses before u flame me :D iv ordered my .:R in reflex silver (2009 DSG) and it should be arriving in about 1.5 months from now .. so the dealership of VW here is also dealers for ABT and they informed me for 90,000 AED which is around 25,000 USD !!!! will fit the ABT S/C which will boost to 370 BHP, now the warranty will of course stay there, car will be legal and 2 yrs warranty will be on the S/C .. since i never had experience with German cars before wt do u guyz recon I do ? i mean is it worth it ? how long will it last ? keep in mind that here gets upto 40+ degrees 'C (104 'F) in summers and its all time HOT. so will it damage the car ? the R comes with 3 yrs unlimited milage warranty ... any input would be appreciated . cheers.

·
2,808 Posts
if VW will warrenty it then Id defo have it.

·
119 Posts
persiano_dubai said:
hey guyz.. im noob here from Dubai (u.a.e) and currently own a Hyundai Tiburon 2004 i4.. but hold ur horses before u flame me :D iv ordered my .:R in reflex silver (2009 DSG) and it should be arriving in about 1.5 months from now .. so the dealership of VW here is also dealers for ABT and they informed me for 90,000 AED which is around 25,000 USD !!!! will fit the ABT S/C which will boost to 370 BHP, now the warranty will of course stay there, car will be legal and 2 yrs warranty will be on the S/C .. since i never had experience with German cars before wt do u guyz recon I do ? i mean is it worth it ? how long will it last ? keep in mind that here gets upto 40+ degrees 'C (104 'F) in summers and its all time HOT. so will it damage the car ? the R comes with 3 yrs unlimited milage warranty ... any input would be appreciated . cheers.
Hey Persiano!

I'm also living in Dubai and ordered my R32 (Deep Blue Pearlescent) about a month ago. They have told me that it should arrive in November - the wait has been an absolute nightmare!

Are you getting yours from Al Naboodah?

·
346 Posts
That sounds like a lot for the S/C but does include warranty! :dontknow:

I think I will still wait and see how the ROTREX for the MkV will go!

BTW... I noticed the the S/C is where the filter use to be. Do you know what happen with the filter??

Anyone know why it is also on the other side to where the S/C was on the MkIV???

P.S. Welcome to the forum persiano!!!

·
415 Posts
Seeing as ABT are literally just up the road from me, im hoping this goes well, and isnt too expensive. Im tenmpted to look at charging the R in the future. Would be handy to have somewhere local to get the work done.

P.s.: what are ABT like in general? have they got a fairly good reputation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
McBook said:
Hey Persiano!

I'm also living in Dubai and ordered my R32 (Deep Blue Pearlescent) about a month ago. They have told me that it should arrive in November - the wait has been an absolute nightmare!

Are you getting yours from Al Naboodah?
haha .. the wait is KILLLING ME... should arrive in 1 month 2 weeks from now ! :) thats about mid Nov.. ya Im getting mine from AbuDhabi coz it is sold in Dubai for 147000 for full option but i got it for 131000 same options (full DSG) in AbuDhabi.. BTW join evolve.ae and we will do a r32 run in dubai :)

and ya one more thinig is that the s/c price will be included in the installments and i dont have to pay cash for anything :ridinghorse:

·
2,548 Posts
I've emailed ABT UK. Will let you know what they come back with on this...

-------------------------------

Hi there,

I see you guys are working on a supercharger option for the MkV R32. Could you provide me with a bit more info on the following please?

1. How much is it likely to cost fitted and including VAT.
2. When are you likely to officially launch it as a tuning package option?
3. What problems are still yet to be fully resolved?
4. Will you be offering an engine guarantee?
5. Do you have any pictures and/or videos you could send me?
6. Any other info you can provide?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions. Please get back to me.

Cheers
Dave

·
119 Posts
persiano_dubai said:
haha .. the wait is KILLLING ME... should arrive in 1 month 2 weeks from now ! :) thats about mid Nov.. ya Im getting mine from AbuDhabi coz it is sold in Dubai for 147000 for full option but i got it for 131000 same options (full DSG) in AbuDhabi.. BTW join evolve.ae and we will do a r32 run in dubai :)

and ya one more thinig is that the s/c price will be included in the installments and i dont have to pay cash for anything :ridinghorse:
WOW! - I'm paying 127,000 for entry level. I might cancel and contact the guys in Abu Dhabi. Do you know if they had any blue ones available? I only paid a 1000 Dhs deposit so i'm not bothered about loosing it.

cool, i'll join evolve. can't access it at work tho :dontknow:

·
Registered
3 Posts
McBook said:
WOW! - I'm paying 127,000 for entry level. I might cancel and contact the guys in Abu Dhabi. Do you know if they had any blue ones available? I only paid a 1000 Dhs deposit so i'm not bothered about loosing it.

cool, i'll join evolve. can't access it at work tho :dontknow:
hey dude they got it and it will take like 3 months to be delivered .. ill tell u wt call the branch manager MR. Ahmad on (02 - 681 777 0).. tell him I gave u his contact (im Pouya BTW) n I wish u the best dude... BTW Ali & Sons are also the sole agents of ABT in AbuDhabi ...

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spiritual Beggar said:
P.s.: what are ABT like in general? have they got a fairly good reputation?
They have a better reputation than any other tuner for the mkv r32 at hte moment.

2004 DTM FINAL STANDING

* 1 Mattias Ekström , Audi Sport Team Abt, 74 points
2 Gary Paffett , C-Klasse AMG-Mercedes, 57 points
3 Christijan Albers , Vodafone/DC Bank AMG-Mercedes, 50
4 Tom Kristensen , Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline, 43
5 Martin Tomczyk , Audi Sport Team Abt , 39
6 Bernd Schneider , Vodafone/DC Bank AMG-Mercedes, 36
7 Jean Alesi , C-Klasse AMG-Mercedes , 19
8 Timo Scheider , OPC Team Holzer , 15
9 Marcel Fässler , OPC Team Phoenix , 13
10 Laurent Aiello , OPC Team Phoenix , 12
11 Pirro 12 Reuter 13 Dumbreck 15 Frentzen 16 Mücke 17 Abt
* FINAL MANUFACTURER STANDING
1 Audi , 168 points
2 Mercedes-Benz , 164
3 Opel, 58

·
2,548 Posts
davefish said:
I've emailed ABT UK. Will let you know what they come back with on this...

-------------------------------

Hi there,

I see you guys are working on a supercharger option for the MkV R32. Could you provide me with a bit more info on the following please?

1. How much is it likely to cost fitted and including VAT.
2. When are you likely to officially launch it as a tuning package option?
3. What problems are still yet to be fully resolved?
4. Will you be offering an engine guarantee?
5. Do you have any pictures and/or videos you could send me?
6. Any other info you can provide?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions. Please get back to me.

Cheers
Dave
Hello Dave,

Our conversion is already available so we have no issues left to resolve. We do include an extended warranty on all our tuning products.

370BHP 380NM of Torque
0-62 5 seconds

Attached is a copy of the power plot showing before & after power/torque & also a picture of the conversion fitted to a TT.

This conversion retails at £12,995Inc VAT & fitting. We would need your vehicle for 5 working days to carry it out.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

========================================================================

Craig, thank you for the swift reply. Very impressive.

I am surprised by the price, it's a LOT of money. I was expecting a figure around half that. Regrettably, I think this will be out of my reach, I just can't justify that kind of spend really. Bit of a shame as I love the idea of supercharing my car.

Thank you, please keep me informed on any future developments. Some pics and a vid on your site at some point would be great ;-)

Hi Dave,

The Abt conversions are normally at the top end of the scale but the quality is also at the top end & as far as I am aware no one else's conversions come with a warranty.

I will keep you informed of any other products that we have for your vehicle in the future.

Speak to you soon.

Thanks Craig.

I have no doubt the kit is fantastic and on a par with the HPA/HGP Turbo conversions but £13k is a huge amount for parts and 5 days solid work in my humble opinion. I don't mean to be disrespectful, I know I would love it but it seems really expensive. I am the type of buyer who would rather pay a premium for quality providing I think I'm getting good value. This is true whether the price is 70p or £7k. Hope that makes sense?

If the price ever comes down to 5-6k get in touch and I'll whip my card out ;-)

Waiting reply, hehe. To be fair, I bet it would be awesome but I just can't justify it. I need a pay rise I reckon!

·
405 Posts
Hmm thats expensive,

a stage two rotrex giving 450 bhp is only roughly 9k, but no warranty,

That kit comes with an inlet manifold which no other kits come with but u wouldnt need one at 370 bhp,

·
1,485 Posts
£13k for 120bhp? Expensive stuff. No doubt the ABT name and reputation demands a few extra grand.

·
346 Posts
That's what I was thinking!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts