VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to know if resionated or UNresonated is QUIETER :questionmark:
As im looking to change to a MILLTEK in the future.
Looking for slightly quieter,BUT when you put your foot down you get a nice note.

.:R32 MK4 53 plate

Thanks James.

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very Cherry said:
resonated is quieter mate
Thanks (I will have a look for prices / where to go etc,
(Now that i know its resonated, Thought it was but just wanted to make sure)

Going to work now

Thanks again

James

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
James, I'd recommend going to APS for the Milltek... and get her remapped while you're there too :top:

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hufcforpromotion said:
I have a milltek forsale in the classified and on e-bay at the min. if your interested!? Big saving on new!
Thanks I will have a look :cheers:

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mattchaps said:
James, I'd recommend going to APS for the Milltek... and get her remapped while you're there too :top:
Thanks for the message,
When I had my TDI ,I went to Jabbasport and had a remap,130bhp to 175bhp.

Next year I will look into it (My girlfriend wants us to do the house up first decorating/carpets/etc):hmpf:

·
3,732 Posts
no its all about through flow so if anything there would be subtle increases in power as long as it was combined with other mods

·
1,184 Posts
I have a res cat back mate and it sounds lovely. Very discrete buddy, yet sweet when you open the taps. It also completely removes the boomy engine note at all speeds cruising etc at lower revs. Awesome were very reasonable for me. I went for res as mrs is 9 months with child and a new baby might not appreciate the non res volume! Get yourself to a meet and ask someone from here for a spin to decide, might be a good idea. Good luck, it is a slippery slope with this mods game.....;)

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
S19 MYD said:
I have a res cat back mate and it sounds lovely. Very discrete buddy, yet sweet when you open the taps. It also completely removes the boomy engine note at all speeds cruising etc at lower revs. Awesome were very reasonable for me. I went for res as mrs is 9 months with child and a new baby might not appreciate the non res volume! Get yourself to a meet and ask someone from here for a spin to decide, might be a good idea. Good luck, it is a slippery slope with this mods game.....;)
Thanks for the message,

I think Resonated is the way to go in the future (The other week when I was outside @05:00 deicing my car with the engine running I woke a few people up,)But it sounded nice.

I have seporated and collect my son everyother weekend and its a 1.5 hour trip (He is seven and thinks its too loud in the back of the car,)
My girlfriend and her daughter thought my TDI (Had remapped @Jabbasport) was quicker though.

When we went to look at the R32 at the dealers and I started up the car and she heard the exhaust note ........She just looked at me

Been reading on here about the problems with Revo remaps,Hope people get problems sorted out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts