VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,need some advice re haldex problem ,bought car with the problem never addressed it pulled fuse 31 & voila! problem has gone car moves like sh"t off a shovel so I need to know ,1) can I drive like this 2)is it the controller or pump,also my clutch pedal went flat too the floor today I pulled over pulled it back up again voila! not hydraulics then maybe pedal conecction?any help appreciated as I am spending a small fortune on her.thanks ps anyone got a spare drivers side headlight for sale,igniters gone,sugar what next,lol

·
2,204 Posts
MK4 or MK5?

Yes you can drive it with no Haldex. Have you got VAG-COM/VCDS? First thing to do is put the fuse back in and try and connect to the AWD module in VCDS. If it won't connect, the controller is more than likely dead and there's your problem. The seals on them sometimes go and let haldex oil in.

If you can connect to it, check for fault codes. If no faults, go to output tests and cycle through them. When it says "PRECHARGE PUMP ON", you should hear a constant buzzing from the pump until you turn it off. If you don't, there's another problem!

Tell me about spending small fortunes. Mine just isn't giving me a break at the moment. Looks like the engine is on it's way out and it's only done 56K :-(

As for the pedal, it should never flop the floor like that. Has it done it since? I hope it's not the concentric release bearing as it's a gearbox off job.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry mk 4 not done it since(pedal) was like it had disconnected weird will check pedal end if I can get to it,just about to do scan will let you know if I get any codes up,can I scan with fuse out?cheers

·
2,204 Posts
Might be worth bleeding your release bearing then mate. If you look down at the gearbox in front of the shift mechanism, you'll see the bleeding nipple. All you have to do on MK4s is undo it with a hose on it (like when you bleed brake calipers) and just wait for the bubbles to come out, if there are any.

If that's all OK, it could be the master cylinder which is at the pedal end.

I think Fuse 31 disables the haldex ECU, so yeah you'll need that back in to connect to it with your laptop.

·
19,389 Posts
Clutch pedal symptom you describe can be a sign of tbe slave cylinder on it's way out but first port of call is, as advised above, to bleed it.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
am using an Autel maxscan vag405 not laptop so it will just not connect to haldex? was going to try both fuse out/in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts