VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eek the 4 letter minimum search facility of this forum is frustrating, I am not able to tell if someones posted this before.

After some research, I've decided I'm going to try and get hold of a AEM CAI. I'm not a huge fan of the carbon look of the Carbonios, and the EIP system apparently requires cutting of the MAF housing to fit which I'm reluctant to do. The AEM system looks neat (and sturdy) in polished silver, and I believe comes with a (patented) bypass valve to avoid water locking issues. However I'm struggling to find a local reseller.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a AEM CAI with the bypass valve for a mk4 R32 in the UK? Googling seems to be just returning dealers which sell them for Jap rockets, not VWs.

Cheers!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had one in my mk4 R32 - awesome piece of kit! easy 10bhp increase in power!

I never had to cut the MAF housing - where did you read or hear that?

Anyway, I ordered from ebay.com and it was sent from america to my door for £150ish all in...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You had the EIP or AEM Martyn? Its only the EIP system which needs slicing as far as I know. Thanks for the reply, I'll check the bay of e in a bit more detail :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
its the oil burner that needs cutting out of the standard corrigated inlet pipe after the maf. the eip kits removes this for a metal pipe. you then need to glue the burner back into this new pipe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts