VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,i have a problem with the aerial being broken on my MK432.This has happened as the up and over portable canvas garage i have bought fouls the aerial, other than that the garage is perfect.My question is how easy/difficult is the areial to replace and is there an alternative as i have seen sharkfin style items for sale on e-bay but do not know if they are any good or not.If anybody could shed some light on this i would be most helpfull.Thanks.Mike.

·
1,036 Posts
montjuic said:
Hi,i have a problem with the aerial being broken on my MK432.This has happened as the up and over portable canvas garage i have bought fouls the aerial, other than that the garage is perfect.My question is how easy/difficult is the areial to replace and is there an alternative as i have seen sharkfin style items for sale on e-bay but do not know if they are any good or not.If anybody could shed some light on this i would be most helpfull.Thanks.Mike.
Do you mean you have snapped the aerial clean offwith the threaded part left in the base? if not why dont you get a s2000 aerial like me. If you have snapped it with the thread in you will have to remove the headlining to remove the base and fit a new one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that jackie.The aerial has just broken midway on the shaft,it is still intact by the rubber outer sheath.Do you have any photos of your s2000 fitted and where i might get one from.Mike.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Standard antenna will cost you about £7 from the dealer to replace. If you have sat-nav then the antenna is £70 !!!

Just be aware that some shorter stubby antenna's really affect the radio reception. The S2000 antenna should be ok as its a proper aerial.

·
1,036 Posts
I will get one for you, go into honda and get one, they are all the same now civics, jazz s2000 etc. My mate gave me his but looks a lot better than some tacky aftermarket ones and imo even better than the standard one

Edited to add no loss in in signal

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
:bump: Got the VW Sharon short stubby aerial - its useless ! So will this Honda S2000 / Civic short stubby one be much better reception?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts