VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
looks kick-ass!!
If you have the same size tyres as your original tyres (225/40 18"), then the tyres will fit. Don't know about the bolts, the picture shows a 5-bolt, and MKV golfs have 112/5 bolt-type (if I'm not wrong). Just ask them if it fits a MKV golf

·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just clicked the link aqnd realised it doesnt take you to the wheels im talking about, :(

but if you click on the link, then look at alloy wheels, then click AEZ, they are the matt black ones with silver spokes :D

id host the image if i knew how :p

·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THOSE...are the ones!!

so what you reckon?

p.s.: could anyone possibly photoshop those onto a black mkV R for me so i could see what they would look like?

G

·
Spiritual Beggar said:
THOSE...are the ones!!

so what you reckon?

p.s.: could anyone possibly photoshop those onto a black mkV R for me so i could see what they would look like?
I'm not sure myself - what wheels do you currently have Zolders or Omanyts?

I think they'd be an improvement to the Omanyts, but not the Zolders. Jsut my opinion of course.

Would be interested though to see a photochop.

·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the ones with loads of spokes...the Zolders i think (the later model).

I really like the matt black look. i think on a black R they would look really nice.

·
Registered
384 Posts
oh, I like those AEZ rims.. but I liked the first link you posted accidentally :)

I have to agree on your opinion Spiritual Beggar, those AEZ rims probably look kick-ass on a black MKV.
But, you should first try to re-paint your zolders as khutula recommends, or at least think about before you order those rims. It's cheaper, if you do it yourself :)

I got a pair of org. Omanyts on mine black MKV, but does black look better than anthracite? thinkin about re-painting them myself

·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think these look a bit nicer than the zolders....and the zolders are a real pain to clean :D

where could i go to get the zolders painted?

£800 could be worth it for wheels like these though.

·
Registered
384 Posts
800 is a good price for such rims

You could ask your local paintshop, but they will probably charge you for the same as it costs to buy those AEZ.

Or you could paint them yourself. There are to ways to do that, the easy way and the hard way.

Hard way:
1. Polish/grind your wheels
2. groundcoating with white spraypaint
3. Put 4 layers of anthracite/black rim-paint (these are specially made for rimpainting, with protection for corrosion and salty roads and only 10 bucks for a can)
4. And then you'll have to put a transparrent clearcoater as the final protective layer.

The easy way is to skip step 1 n 2.

·
2,808 Posts
Look similar to these....

·
2,808 Posts
yeh, I actually prefer the ones youv picked, I think theyd look mint, especially if that outside bit is diamond turned.
Get them, now.

·
346 Posts
What do you guys think of these ones by ABT???

·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
those look pretty sweet too tbh.

i want black wheels to go with the black car.

Would love to see both the wheels in this thread 'shopped onto a black mk5 R32......

.....does anyone have this ability?

P.S.: how much are those vfreeze? and do they do them to fit a mk5?

·
346 Posts
I am not sure of the price as I found these on the here on the ABT website.

They should fit the MkV as that is the section I found them.

If you find a price, please be sure to let me know.

Also, if anyone is photoshoping it, could you also show me on a silver!!!

·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vfreeze_31 said:
What do you guys think of these ones by ABT???

Vfreeze, what are these wheels called? im trying to search for them online but cant seem to find them.

I think they look really nice.....especially on a black R!

I need to change my alloys sooner than i expected after having a little run in with a high curb this weekend :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts