VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to get an aftermarket air intake as my 1st mod on the r32, so far it is completely stock. I was looking between Leyo and CTS. Has anyone got it? Is it worth it?

Would love to have some feedback :)

· Registered
63 Posts
Recently I removed the complete filterbox, leaving the maf open to the air. It was a mild day and the temp under the bonnet wasn't hot. 0-60 dragy was no better than with the stock filter. I personally decided to spend the money on something else. But if the look under the bonnet is important to you, then some look very impressive. Some might give a few horses but not much bang for buck for a stock motor.

· Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
1,002 Posts
In a word, agree. Cold air intakes look the business but in the real world are not a huge improvement on what VW designed and installed . Having said that, I have a Forge intake. Looks pretty but that is about it .

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Recently I removed the complete filterbox, leaving the maf open to the air. It was a mild day and the temp under the bonnet wasn't hot. 0-60 dragy was no better than with the stock filter. I personally decided to spend the money on something else. But if the look under the bonnet is important to you, then some look very impressive. Some might give a few horses but not much bang for buck for a stock motor.
Thanks for the information, i agree with it... it surely looks cool but most important is, if it is worth the money haha but yeah i am leaning towards not getting it...might get a milltek exhaust instead

18,484 Posts
...might get a milltek exhaust instead
If you're considering buying a Milltek exhaust, have a look at the systems that R32OC member "Lucifer" supplies.

· Eats Kitty Litter
6,630 Posts
Thanks for the information, i agree with it... it surely looks cool but most important is, if it is worth the money haha but yeah i am leaning towards not getting it...might get a milltek exhaust instead
I can supply you with R32 tubular manifold/down pipes plus sport cats and de-cat pipes. Shipping a full exhaust to OZ worked out at over £600 just for the postage cost which is silly money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts