VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im back again (probably be pestering you guys for a while ) picked up the R fantastic ! well pleased now back to this security thing just browsing through the handbook and their is no mention of an immobiliser and it says that the alarm sounds the horn if so surely this is not a cat 1 system as i am pretty sure that cat 1 has to have a self powered siren or am i wrong ? one last thing ( at least for a while ! ) have we any owners club stickers if so how do i get some cheers for now Bill & Zak the akita

·
616 Posts
I'm sure it does have a self powered siren as I'm sure mine kept going off when I disconnect the battery... The battery was old and needed replacing so we were playing about and the alarm went off when the car wouldn't lock. I may be wrong, but i'm sure my mate disconnected it and it kept going...

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep deffo got a siren just tried it out goes off when doors are opened cant get it to trigger from the interior sensors have tried the switch by the door which overides the sensors but no luck any ideas ? Bill & Zak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts