VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering upgrading the filter to get some more air flow, is it worth spending £££'a on an induction kit and if so which? Or are the gains minimal and just go with a better panel filter? Any advise welcome.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I always fit ITG filters, there's not a big enough gain to warrant otherwise. Also cutting the find in the airbox makes flow smoother

·
5,496 Posts
Gains will be minimal, maybe 1-3 bhp v max with a cone filter on a pipe down to the bumper. You'll get much better induction noise though, and that alone will be more than compensate for any lack of real power gains.

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
I'm currently debating forking out for the Forge one that James reviewed.. I say debating, it's more a case of when i buy it, not if, because i always find other ways to spend money even when i have something in mind!! I'm not doing it for gains as i know it's minimal at best, i'm doing it mainly for freer airflow, something nice to look at and hopefully get a bit more noise from under the bonnet..

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheempeej said:
I always fit ITG filters, there's not a big enough gain to warrant otherwise. Also cutting the find in the airbox makes flow smoother
Is your just a bolt on filter or have you got an induction pipe leading away from the engine?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryan-H said:
I'm currently debating forking out for the Forge one that James reviewed.. I say debating, it's more a case of when i buy it, not if, because i always find other ways to spend money even when i have something in mind!! I'm not doing it for gains as i know it's minimal at best, i'm doing it mainly for freer airflow, something nice to look at and hopefully get a bit more noise from under the bonnet..
Same here and R engine noise just sounds bad standard. Only when it's coming out the back does it get someone close to 'spunking in your y fronts'

·
3,611 Posts
I started off with a ITG panel, then neuspeed induction now forge induction.

No real difference in power, but neuspeed sounds the best by far.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I started off with a ITG panel, then neuspeed induction now forge induction.

No real difference in power, but neuspeed sounds the best by far.
Same as the path I took too.

·
2,204 Posts
BMC CDA is the only filter I've seen free off more power from an R32, otherwise I'd just stick with the standard paper filter with a DSG snorkel and headlight panel.

I run the standard filter with a DSG snorkel + stealth remap and it keeps up with S3s easily, and I mean the new shape one with 270ish hp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts