VW Golf R32 Forum banner

*ALERT* all R32 guru's assemble...part number issue!!

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  MUSHY 16V 
#1 ·
Hello chaps,
I'm in need of some assistance in regards to part numbers and I'm hoping the experts that comprise the membership of this forum will be able to help.
I own a mk5 r32 and last week my exhaust manifold developed a crack and today the entire thing has come away from the downpipe (the flange of the manifold still being attached to the downpipe). As you can imagine the noise and fumes are awful so I really want to get it sorted asap.
Now I understand there are 2 manifolds on the v6 and it is the right side (driver side) that I'm after,I've search high and low for this part and I've found it successfully but then when I ring the breakers to double check its the right side they say it's the left....confusing.
I've rang my local vw stealers but they don't give part numbers out and the part number I gave them didn't match anything on their database.
So this is my question.....could anybody give me the part number of the driver side exhaust manifold for a mk5 R32??
Cheers lads and ladies.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
022253031N and 022253033N drivers side cylinders 1-3
022253032N and 022253034N passenger side cylinder 4-6

If you can wait until later this week i will have complete tubular Mk5 manifolds with down pipes for sale.

#4 ·
Lucifer your are a legend my friend thanks a million,it's nice to see people are actually helpful on this forum as I've been a member of others and if your not in the 'cool crowd'' nobody replies.
In regards to what you have for sale I'm going to keep my original downpipes as they are in fairly good condition but if you are open to selling the manifold I'm after then feel free to message me a price and I'll take it off your hands.
Thanks again

#5 ·
Just don`t ask me the official reason why there are two part numbers for the same item. Only thing i can think off is the second higher number is a revised issue number for some reason.

#6 ·
Wrong flanges got made last week but hope to keep the Mk5 tubular manifolds about half the price of what Milltek sale but not got all the costings yet. Never heard of the standard manifolds to break as they are very thick cast steel.

#9 ·
This is what confused me..the amount of different part numbers are just insane.
I'll try get a pic of my manifold uploaded as it's a rather strange place it has let go,it's right on the weld of the manifold pipe and the flange that mates with the downpipe,not sure whether it was just a weak weld or the constant change in temperature.
My area has been hit with some freezing temperatures and with the constant expanding and contracting of the exhaust I wonder if that's contributed to the crack...is that even a possibility??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.