VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive had my R 7 years with the amd stage 2 map (exhaust , sports cats , schrick cams )

Ive had 3 RR and 261 bhp ,269 bhp and 270bhp

i want to try the revo stage 2 map hmmmm do you lot think ill see any gain ? am i wasting my money ?

question is will the revo make more ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know what your saying but ive talked my self out of it too many times sod it ill post my findings cant be worse surely ....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont really want to go down the route of what map ive took advise and chosen what i want cause every one will say one is not as good as the other .

i trust 100% where im booked and if im not happy refund is not a problem

·
1,000 Posts
based on results i would agree with above, R-Tech or Storm.

Already seen R-Tech map a r32 with uprated cam's and figures were the best ive seen and i trust there rollers.

·
1,000 Posts
go to r tech as it be a custom map to suit the mods on your car
Revo just supply a generic map to their dealers.

R-tech load a base map and then customise it to how your car is responding, adjusting the timing etc. And this is the same with Storm

·
1,000 Posts
If you pop down to the RR day at R-Tech on Sunday Andy i'll ask Nik to talk with you about the r32 he has previously done and what he does.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
paul im booked in tommorow for some work plus ive asked to have it mapped BUT if im not happy with the power run figures ill have a before and after ill have a refund then ill take it from there

·
72 Posts
My car came with a Revo map on it (its either stage 1 or 2, only got a receipt for the 1 but I spoke to a previous owner on here and they said it has stage 2) I dont rate it much if im honest but as I dont actually 100% know what it is. Even it is a stage 1 I dont like that either! But it might be other issues with the car that makes it not drive right but it just seems a bit.. meh!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Whatever map you do get mate we should all meet at an undisclosed dyno and test the maps and mods against each other someday.

P.s If you do get a Revo Stage 2, I can bring my gear and help tune it for you. The stage 2 is Cams ready too, no additional mapping needed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
James I've been waiting for you to post .... I'm told where I'm having it done it can also be fine tuned .
I've had one run here and will post an honest answer and figures when you new map is on .

In answer to your question yea I'm happy to meet you guys again

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Andy G said:
James I've been waiting for you to post ....
I don't want folk to think I'm getting on my hobby horse again that's all.
I think I have made my point several times in the past re Revo Stage 2, and the issue of 'best map' is quite emotive.

For the record though, although I'd genuinely love to be proven wrong (so we all really do get a great remap) I believe Revo Stage 2 is the most powerful and comprehensive map available for an R32.

I want us all to meet up and drive each other's cars and feedback our genuine thoughts. How about we arrange that?

Reactions: PaulW
1 - 20 of 51 Posts