VW Golf R32 Forum banner

261 - 280 of 301 Posts

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Going to fit the 034motorsport rear anti roll bar next month but is it worth putting adjustable anti roll bar links or new oem ones

·
5,492 Posts
I already replied to your Facebook post.

The primary point of adjustable drop links is to allow you to remove any preload on the antiroll bar.

That means getting under the car whilst the wheels are on the floor so the cars sitting naturally under its own weight , and adjusting the length of the drop links so there's no preload on the arb.

Unless you're going to these sorts of lengths to balance your suspension and therefore handling at the limit , it's pretty pointless for a road car.

Most ppl just fit lowering springs and coilovers for looks, and they say handling. But they never goto the length of properly setting up the suspension for cross balancing etc etc, which is where you'd need adjustable drop links .

All in all get them as they have a purpose, but pointless getting them if you don't intend to put them to their intended use.

Also, the other downsides are lots of clonking and unwanted noises is generally what happens when you fit anything with solid end links

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
Cheers for the input..the car will be set up properly on them when they are fitted..these is what am looking at
Screenshot-20210126-141555-Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
420 Posts
That is the set I used . As per above, really important if you want to avoid unbalanced preload on the ARBs and if you are going to the trouble of setting corner weights , doubly important . Mine are still pretty new but no untoward clonking so far , but they are not rose joints , so I do not expect any .

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
That is the set I used . As per above, really important if you want to avoid unbalanced preload on the ARBs and if you are going to the trouble of setting corner weights , doubly important . Mine are still pretty new but no untoward clonking so far , but they are not rose joints , so I do not expect any .
Cheers Andy for the info..they will be set up properly ????

261 - 280 of 301 Posts