VW Golf R32 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I must admit that I have hung my nose over one of those . I think that if I end up doing a few track days , then it may become a priority, but I suspect that in normal road driving , the difference may not be that great. Having said that , the Integrales I had all had permanent 4 wheel drive with no clever Haldex systems and frankly that car was way more capable than its owner when it came to going round corners at white ridiculous speeds.

·
5,492 Posts
The upgraded haldex makes a big difference on the MK4 R32. That is if you actually drive the car likes it's meant to be driven.

If u drive it like a 2wd GTi then you're completely missing the point. And I'm not talking about the standing starts, but the moments when you learn to get on the power really early on in a corner and make full use of the 4wd system. The upgraded haldex let's you get on the gas much earlier that it feels like a different car to the stock system.

The stock system is cumbersome in comparison.

If you're the kind of driver that does not excersise the 4wd in the bends and exiting corners, then you'll never feel the benefit of the upgraded haldex

·
Registered
420 Posts
Point well made GtiFly . For cruising, no point in the investment. For point and squirt, it is a different story. Presumably Andy, you have not found a good SH one at a decent price as I suspect the kind of folk who invest in one do not sell them on .

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Point well made GtiFly . For cruising, no point in the investment. For point and squirt, it is a different story. Presumably Andy, you have not found a good SH one at a decent price as I suspect the kind of folk who invest in one do not sell them on .
Unfortunately 2nd hand ones are none existing at all as you say owners keep hold of them

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Cheers mate
Putting the anti roll bar and links on next month so will be interesting to see the difference in handling

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
20210420-171616.jpg

Finally managed to get a picture of the revo pendulum bar that was fitted with the vwr gearbox mount

281 - 300 of 301 Posts