VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can anyone help with this warning light which came up today?!

sorry for poor quality! it seem like since my service light comes on its nothing but faults! i will be contacting bbt 2mo who fitted my milly but wld like some inside infor that i could throw at em! i have a feeling could be something to do with the brick i ran over last week!

thanks again :xD

·
3,392 Posts
I had that show when one of my coil packs were failing but could be anything like wayne says

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the book said it was something to do with the exhaust, i wouldnt know what to do with vag com, anyone have it in the essex area?

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
basically, the eml comes on whenever there is any slight issue with any components pertaining to the engine/exhaust/electronics - almost EVERYTHING.

it could the lambda probes, did you get sports cats fitted by bbt ?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think it was hi flow cats cant find my recipt for it! may be popping to someone 2mo with vagcom will post the outcome for future reference!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Could be the good old exhaust flapper motor :D

Oh, and that came on when my temperature sensor went too.

·
345 Posts
Yep I had that come on after about 2 weeks of doing the Flapper Mod. I took it in as needed a service as they diagnosed it as a dodgy fuel mix valve or something of that sort.

·
132 Posts
Despite what the manual says that light covers a multitude of sins. Mine comes on for a couple of days and then stays off for a few. Guy over the road hooked it up to his computer and turns out it's the temp sender. Not sorted it yet (the light has been off for a week) :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Had the same thing a couple of weeks ago, took it to the steelers and they said it was a temp sensor fault, linked to the ECU. Fixed it for £120 with a 12 month warrenty!!

·
199 Posts
I had this same problem as well and it was a coilpack. Although had a blown ECU fuse as well. The stealers fixed it all for £85 including their rip off diagnostic charge. You're best off finding someone with a vagcom and doing the work yourself.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well plugged it in earlier and this is the fault it threw up!
P0116 ENGINE COOLANT TEMP CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE
so hoping its just the sensor i have to change, had the fault reset for now!

·
3,137 Posts
yeah sounds like the engine coolant temp sender alright. should cost you about £20 for a new one. You could try to fit it yourself as per my guide

TSN Link

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers dubzter im on it 2mo after work prob have bout 2 hours of daylight left to change me headlight and replace this sensor! my mate got me 1 wiv the antifreeze £21 all in!

your guide looks very helpfull il let you know how i get on i was told to loosen the cap on the coolant aswell to release some pressure, did it pi55 out alot?

·
3,137 Posts
it wasn't that bad, just be sure when the old one comes out that the oring comes out with it. If not you will need to get you fingers in there quick. No pressure as such just a steady flow/trickle. Plenty time to get the new one in without losing too much. Don't think I even lost 1/4 a litre

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
managed to get it sorted but i lost all me coolant and snapped the plastic clamp so had to nip to vw and get a replacement metal clamp, need to check in the morning if anything is leaking as i spilt alot of coolant

great guide btw

·
3,137 Posts
hope it worked out ok. I take it you mean the clip thing that holds the sensor in place?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dubzter said:
hope it worked out ok. I take it you mean the clip thing that holds the sensor in place?
yeah got there in the end mate, and it was the clip that holds the sensor in!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
This is quite useful really as sensors are one of those things that go on us all at some point, at least i now know it's easy enough to sort out myself.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts