VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I've just chopped in a Boxster for a mkV R32 (Black, 3dr, DSG, Recaros). Spent the obligatory several weeks reviewing just about every car between £25k and £40k, and tried the R32 on the recommendation of a mate. For the combination of subtlety, performance, comfort and practicality, nothing really came close to it.

Anyway I've had it two weeks now and so far, so good - despite three (count them, three) altercations with the SAME mobile camera van in the space of two days. Luckily, I've never driven above the speed limit in my life, your Honour, and if the scamera says otherwise it must have been badly calibrated...

Looking forward to learning a few tips from all the good people on this site.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Hi Horox, welcome to the forum.

caught 3 times in 2 days eh? that'll be the R32 for you!!!

Don't forget to put some pics up in the members rides section.

·
3,732 Posts
welcome to the site, theres a few member who have come from porka's and most due to practicality issues it would seem.

ive yet to get snapped but i can see how easy it is...however 3 times! lol welcome to R ownership :D

·
1,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum! How do you find the performance compared to the Porsche?

·
2,808 Posts
Tut, I want recaros in mine.
Which boxster did you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a few more nervous days waiting, but the camera van may have just been looking for tax/insurance dodgers. Here's hoping... I had the Boxster for four years and kept a clean licence so it'd be a bit annoying to pick up 9 points in two weeks!

Hard to compare the two cars - the Boxster (2.7) was light and nimble and great fun with rear wheel drive, but the R32 is faster in a straight line and the four wheel drive makes it very confidence inspiring. The engine note on the Boxster was great, but I have to say with the windows down the V6 is just as good. So far I haven't missed the Boxster at all - hope I still feel the same when the sun's out and I could have had the roof down...

Cheers for the welcome. I'm off for a nose about the site.

·
5,616 Posts
You don't need to have the windows open to hear the V6 if you add a Milltek exhaust :D

Oooops, sorry... just can't help myself!

·
1,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll be fine with the camera van if it was for tax/insurance

The local constabulary publish the locations of speed camera vans for the current week on their websites. Taking a look may well put your mind at ease before heading out in the car.

I've got a mate who has just bought a new Golf GTi ED30, he also has a Ducati 748, KTM Superduke, and 2 x Polo G40's. He's got 11 points on his license so cycles everywhere! Hasn't even put 500miles on the new Ed30 yet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts