VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and Gals, come across this site recently and thought id register, seems to be the only r32 site that has some activity, anway just thought id say hello. had my 32 since June and am loving every minute of it. :burnout:

Mark.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Khutula - been thinking about a stage 1 revo map, and have spoke to mike about it, but as you know the gains are fairly small, so might not bother.
davefish - cant say i really noticed any difference in induction noise (maybe a little) but i definatly think its made the car a bit quicker and give it better throttle response, i always fit a free flowing air filter to all my cars as its a quick and easy mod which doesnt cost much money either. :)

·
1,084 Posts
:hello:, and welcome!

I'm considering getting a BMC panel filter, although trying to source one locally isn't so easy. You done the exhaust Flapper mod?

This is by far the friendliest Dub forum I've seen. The bitching on vortex between GTi's and R's, Mkiv's and MkV's cracks me up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tokyo Dub, Been reading about the flapper mod, not sure if mine has already been done by the previous owner or not, as i bought the car with 10k on the clock and both exhausts seem to blow when on idle with black sooting to both aswell. might be wrong though. i'll have to get my head under there and check. :)

·
1,084 Posts
Mark,

As standard the flapper is always open at idle, but closes between 1000 and 4000rpm (iirc). I still haven't done mine yet. Not sure if the difference is as noticable on MkV as Mkiv.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Welcome to the nut house :)

G

·
Mark5-R32 said:
Thanks guys! Khutula - been thinking about a stage 1 revo map, and have spoke to mike about it, but as you know the gains are fairly small, so might not bother.
davefish - cant say i really noticed any difference in induction noise (maybe a little) but i definatly think its made the car a bit quicker and give it better throttle response, i always fit a free flowing air filter to all my cars as its a quick and easy mod which doesnt cost much money either. :)
Go shopping for a Milltek :151:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts