VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, are there any decent insurance companies out there...?? Trying to insure my car, i own 3 properties, the chap on the phone at HIC clearly said postcodes make a difference in quotes... i got 1 quote, tried ammending it to another address and got told they are going to charge me the highest quote...??? How is that posible when they clearly told me prices can change??? Or are they just being lazy and not want to update my address incase it comes out cheaper...???

·
Official .:R32OC Sponsor
419 Posts
Any insurer will want to know where the car is going to mostly be parked overnight. If it looks like you're trying to fiddle the info to get a lower quote it's reasonable to assume they'll go with the highest risk postcode just to make sure they're rating appropriately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any insurer will want to know where the car is going to mostly be parked overnight. If it looks like you're trying to fiddle the info to get a lower quote it's reasonable to assume they'll go with the highest risk postcode just to make sure they're rating appropriately.
Knowing what ins companies are like when it comes to paying out for claims, this being my pride and joy, featured on Top Gear, magazines and being a show car, im not going to fiddle with ins... ive given all the info on the mods and costs, its agreed valued also... all 3 properties have drive ways/garages, the car will only be a summer week end car also... should i be penalised for having 3 properties...???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The question is which address the vehicle will likely be kept at. That's all they'll want to know :)
All properties are secure in the same city and as it will be a week end car doesnt matter to me, but id like to know which would be cheaper option for me which they are not giving me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts