VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
So far, Adrian flux quoted me £205 more than last year...................

Apparently insurance inflation outweighs my age being outside the young 25 silly driver bracket, my extra years no claim on a performance car and the fact that I no longer use for commuting.

With or without modifications declared, there's nothing they can do!

So off to Sky insurance I went, to be told that they won't insure my Bradford postcode due to all the falsified claims around here. Same with Greenlight insurance, unfortunate as hell as they've been rated quite highly for R32OC members recently.

Comparison sites state £1500-£1600

HIC are in partnership with Flux so I couldn't blag the "Oh my renewal is 'x' amount"

I'm waiting on a call back from A-plan

Anybody else from local areas know of any insurers that accept mods too?

My renewal was £1285 btw. Absolute joke is this address. Might just sell the car and put it towards a mortgage to get out of this dive!

·
Registered
698 Posts
To be fair i can never find better than A-plan but Sky weren't far behind other than that the rest want to see my pants around my ankles!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be fair i can never find better than A-plan but Sky weren't far behind other than that the rest want to see my pants around my ankles!
It was one of your comments I believe where I found A-plan, hoping they come back with a positive quote tomorrow then. Current renewal at £1285 is outrageous at 26 years old with 3 years no claims.

I get it though, there are a lot of performance cars local that have been stolen recently, held at knife point in petrol stations for keys etc. People just don't give a shit anymore, such a sick world

·
Registered
698 Posts
It sure is a sad old world, a few people have been held up for various cars around here.. If the police dont start doing something it wont be long before people start arming their self like america

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sure is a sad old world, a few people have been held up for various cars around here.. If the police dont start doing something it wont be long before people start arming their self like america
Agreed, I'm already contemplating it myself. If I see a group of dodgy looking people at a fuel station I always pop the boot ready to pick out the tyre iron if need be anyway. Luckily I've never been in that situation and can only pray that I never will be!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for replies guys, didn't get notifications for this so glad I logged on. Will give Brentacre a go for sure, Keith Michaels were looking around £1200 mark too, but I've been interested in M3's lately and did a quote for an M3 through them which came back at £100 more, comparison sites wanted like £2k lol

Just come off the phone to Prestige, they wanted £1700 best they could do

·
2,895 Posts
Try Chris Knott?

Got my renewal this week from them and it had gone up £30. Had a hunt around but no one could get close.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try Chris Knott?

Got my renewal this week from them and it had gone up £30. Had a hunt around but no one could get close.
Unfortunately they won't do R32 insurance until you're 28 now pal, shame really because they were fantastic with my quote 2 year ago on a Cupra.

I've recently persisted with Adrian Flux (my current provider) and after I put them under a negative spotlight, Dan from Adrian Flux on here that promotes them asked me to PM him my details. He's managed to persuade the team to reconsider their quotation and I'm now looking at £900 though I'm still waiting on that in writing as that was a voicemail left on my phone.

Also A-plan still have a pending quote but they seem really keen to insure me with mods declared, great to talk to on the phone too! Always nice to have a bit of banter.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just to update this, A-plan still haven't been in touch.

Gave Brentacre a call, they smashed it with a quote at £790 fully comp & all mods declared - excess at £350

I gave my current provider a call back (Adrian Flux) who then beat that by at £780 and excess was only £250 fully comp with all mods declared.

My decision isn't final as of yet as I will still probably chase between companies to beat each others quotes right down to their ultimatum and see what the end result is. May even be this, who knows?! We can only try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts