VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Big UFC fan, can you elaborate on your above comment? I've paid extra like you for ESPN through Sky but they sent me a letter saying that on 31 July my ESPN subscription ends (which translated to we got outbid by BT therefore we can't supply you with ESPN). I phoned BT and they want even more than £13 a month to watch ESPN... So financially I'm now worse off. I already pay Sky about £110 a month not including calls to non landlines.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
BT say its now called BTSport not ESPN. The telephone helplines for Sky and BT are both confusing. I don't think they have a clue whats going on. I watched Bayern vs City last night on BTSports but apparently that's a one off as BTSports was launched yesterday.

·
468 Posts
I'm a UFC fan, if someone can clear up what the cost will be that would be great. I tried clicking on add by sport to sky on the site but it doesn't work.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I think BT Sport is free if you have a BT phone. My phones with Sky so I have to pay for BT Sport and I think it's a few quid more than ESPN (£15 a month maybe)?

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I only watch Football and UFC on ESPN but it's still worth having

·
19,388 Posts
BT Sport is free if BT is your broadband provider.

I thought Sky customers could get it free if they called BT prior to yesterday with their viewing card details.

·
19,388 Posts
That's crap then I've got sky tv and bt isn't my broadband provider :-/
As with all changes, there are winners and losers. I've got BT Broadband and get BT Sport free online and through the mobile app as of yesterday.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Hmmm I might switch. I have Sky + PlusNet, combined with tv licence is £
for basic sky top broadband

·
19,388 Posts
What is bt like for broadband these days?
I've been with them many years and had no issues. I just need to phone up every year and threaten to jump to Sky or Plusnet to keep the price competitive. My Sister has Sky and has to do the same thing.

Unfortunately I don't live in an area to get Infinity or Virgin.

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
If your with sky you have to pay extra for BT sports. For me the money I was paying for ESPN now goes to BT.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
BT Sport is free if BT is your broadband provider.

I thought Sky customers could get it free if they called BT prior to yesterday with their viewing card details.
no I phoned BT months ago and they told me its slightly more than ESPN unless I change my line over to BT then it's free...

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
If your with sky you have to pay extra for BT sports. For me the money I was paying for ESPN now goes to BT.
Thats my situation except we are going to have to pay a little extra each month as BT are greedy bar stools

·
19,388 Posts
no I phoned BT months ago and they told me its slightly more than ESPN unless I change my line over to BT then it's free...
Yes, I should have been clearer that to get it free on the Sky platform, BT has to be your broadband provider.

·
19,388 Posts
Thats my situation except we are going to have to pay a little extra each month as BT are greedy bar stools
I find the greedy comment quite amusing, as in my opinion there are few companies greedier than Sky:)

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I find the greedy comment quite amusing, as in my opinion there are few companies greedier than Sky:)
Very true, all I know is I was paying £110 a month + calls, now I'm paying £112 a month + calls. So I'm a little upset

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
I think its about £3.00 more

1 - 20 of 146 Posts