VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any tips or helpful advice? And how easy or hard was it and how long did it take? Cheers guys

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had it on my Mk5 Gti and it used to drive me mad every morning. I lived with it for 6 months or so and then took it to the dealer, it was only £14 for the part and about £40 for them to fit it! I just bought an R32 in January and had the same light every morning when temps were low, so thought oh well same old issue... I checked the bottle and it was empty
topped it up and its been fine since.

·
19,388 Posts
I had it on my Mk5 Gti and it used to drive me mad every morning. I lived with it for 6 months or so and then took it to the dealer, it was only £14 for the part and about £40 for them to fit it! I just bought an R32 in January and had the same light every morning when temps were low, so thought oh well same old issue... I checked the bottle and it was empty :fool:/> topped it up and its been fine since.
I think you are mixing up the coolant level sensor that is located in the expansion tank and the coolant temp sensor that is bolted into the block. The OP is talking about the latter.

·
371 Posts
i changed mine 4 years ago the clip was tricky getting it back in i used a peice of string to hold it into position and pushed it back in iirc

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the link
was a bit tricky lol and I had to remove the sensor with plug attached was a bit stif lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts