VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on here has bolted a blower onto their R32 on here? If so, what kit did you go for, and with what other mods.
Cheers

·
1,105 Posts
havent got one yet, but its getting done soon
hybrid kit
hafizur

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haf1zur said:
havent got one yet, but its getting done soon
hybrid kit
hafizur
A hybrid kit? whats that, a turbo or supercharger?
Here is a taste of things to come! I'm having some additional work done first to ensure it can take the power but i'm wondering if anyone else has upgraded other areas before going FI.

·
1,432 Posts
I have ordered the HPA Motorsport Track Day Special Kit FT360 turbo kit which should be with me in another 2-3 weeks. The track day special kit is ceramic coated and I have plumbed for the race grade connecting rod bearings too. The kit is coming direct from HPA Motorsport in Canada and will be installed at Vagtech Ltd who are based in the UK.

For more information visit www.hpamotorsport.com

The HPA kits are known to be the best Turbo FI offerings out there and the kit fits straight onto LHD or RHD vehicles as opposed to the competitors kits below which require re-fabrication for fitment to RHD vehicles:

Streetwerke
EIP Tuning

Not to mention that HPA have the best software out there which automatically adapts to different octane fuels whereas new firmware must be flashed onto the ECU for the EIP Tuning kit if running on different fuels.

And one more thing, the HPA kits come with Launch control :)

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
1,432 Posts
The oil scraper is only ~$150 and is simple enough to be installed whilst the race grade connecting rod bearings are being installed so I figure why not! Plenty of people over on Vortex swear by them and they cant be wrong after all the USA have the largest R32 modification marketplace in the world in my opinion.

I will be sure to provide a full write up once the FT360 is installed

·
1,432 Posts
So that must be a custom turbo kit as opposed to an off the shelf job?

·
1,105 Posts
its going to be a hybrid turbo kit, completely custom from the intake to the turbo to the downpipe
should be looking at 450/75 horses and no internal mods
hafizur

·
Registered
6 Posts
no. it's for my corrado.

I had an R32 lump in my Corrado, then bought the 4motion. took the engine out of the corrado and put it in the 4mo. then took it out and sold it to my mate for his corrado. then bought a bare lump and an audi 3.2. made one good r32 lump out of all the bits and put that back in the 4 mo.

that pic is what's left of the audi motor with a dirty great big supercharger strapped to it.

interested to see the differences between the 3 motors. i know quite about about thr 24v now so if anyone's stuck or wanting to know anything about the changes them just ask

·
1,105 Posts
do you know where the speed sensor is? G68
nobody seems to know
all i have found is the speed impulse sender which may or may not be the same thing
hafizur

·
1,105 Posts
there is a speed impulse sender right next to the oil filter but that wasnt the right sensor

left it with big boyz toys yesterday, they know what they are doing,

hafizur

·
1,432 Posts
Lets get back on topic please.

My R32 has now been booked in at Vagtech to have the FT360 turbo kit, race grade connecting rod bearings and competition haldex controller installed on April 16th :D

·
1,105 Posts
nice
i'll give you race come june
should have mine done by then
though its going to be an uneven match
hafizur

1 - 20 of 22 Posts