Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it missed us last time, last night had a minor shower but nice today

turned on the news and the whole country has gone mental! :stupido3:

more coming for tomorrow and then another system moving in for wednesday

anyone on here affected?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The flooding isnt bad where i am, but i'm sure its raining mud! the car is absolutly caked, even though i washed it yesterday evening!

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nothing but lanes covered in tractor tyre mud round here, add that to the sand blown in from the beach and the timescale my car stays clean could be measured in minutes :D

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Quite lucky here cos it seems to drain well plus we're on high ground.

Gotta be careful tho cos theres loads of deep puddles kicking about and i dont want hydrolock :egg:

·
243 Posts
I had a nightmare this weekend just gone. We've had really bad floods (see pics below) and my brother got married on Saturday in a town almost practically cut off by the floods. You can imagine the stress Saturday morning as we tried to find a way to the venue, direct family/friends travelling from elsewhere in the country etc. It took 2 hours to get there when it should only take 20 mins max and we went miles out of our way to get there.

The DJ cancelled as he couldn't get there meaning we had to pay an extra £200 for the hotel's resident DJ, the coach my brother organised cancelled 20 minutes before it was due to leave and in all the panic/stress my brother forgot to take his shirt and had to find a shop to buy another one! He was so stressed out he punched a hole in his bathroom door before he left home. Thankfully the registrar allowed him to put the service back till 4pm instead of it's original time of 2pm (meaning we also had to pay extra to the car driver for the bride/bridesmaids!).

To top it all off, we were stranded in the evening as nobody could get home, meaning we had to book a room in the hotel with no clean clothes or anything!

Here's some pics on the local BBC site:

And some that we took on Sunday afternoon (that's me on the bike in the yellow t-shirt!)

·
619 Posts
Feel bad for you guys,
We have crappy weather in here too, but not as bad yet. Had my car cleaned over the weekend, went out today and its back to the same state as before the wash. Oh well, must take out my bucket and sponge again..:shot:

·
387 Posts
have been cacking it for the last 2 nights, getting up every couple of hours to check the Thames water level, as my flat backs onto it at Caversham just north of Reading. so far, has been ok (although am pretty tired, now i understand what having babies feels like!).

according to the environment agency the surge will hit Cav this afternoon! on its way down from oxford west, which got flooded last night/this morning.

have the R with me at work (although it it does come will defo be disconnecting the carbonio - why oh why didnt i get that air bypass valve :stupid: ) and have had to abandon my karmann ghia miles away on high ground...

i think i got another 24/48 hrs tops on floodwatch then we'll be in the clear.... really feel for the peeps who've been hit :knuddel:

·
385 Posts
Loads of sailors arrived on my base to go work on the effort in Gloucester. My partners brother and his family arrived today to get a bath and took away 120 litres of fresh water (being the store key holder has its benefit sometimes, I had the Jerrycans!!!) Its pure mayhem round here. Goose Im feeling for you buddy! Good luck. Also I went to my stealers to book a test drive in the MKV today and there was a MKIV parked up round the back with the towing eye in and the lower right hand grill removed. It looked pretty broken and the wheels were all muddy, like silt muddy. I have flyered and spoken to the guy who owns it before, I hope its not another one for the graveyard! Its one of the very few indigo blue ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.