VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I hope i don't get abused for creating my 3rd wheel refurbish thread but i finally have time to get them done after working away the past 2 months.

Now i'm going to take the plunge i just need 1 more bit of advice before going ahead with it, which is where you guys come in.

I have stock Omanyts Alloys on my MK5, I've spoken to the garage i want to do it and they said if i go down the diamond cut route, i won't get offered warranty as within 6 months the peel could happen again on the lip and they recommend me going down the powder coated route.

After a long hard think, i'm thinking about the long term future as i plan to keep the car for as long as possible, I've decided maybe the powder coat is the best route to take.

My question is, i want the wheels to look as stock as possible, does anyone have any pictures or information about what to ask for to keep them as stock looking silver or what they would look like with the stock silver maybe which a sparkle in the sunlight to them ? I am open to change, but i want them to remain close to the color they are standard.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dude R32paulm posted some images in

http://www.r32oc.com...106#entry764106

Looks like he's done the same albeit different colour

In having a similar debate over what colour silver

Edit changed link doh
Spot on mate, you legend.

This was the thread i was hunting for but unable to find in search, i want to see what those gun metal grey omanyt look like on the mk5 dbp.

I also very much like this aswell (Jag / Range Rover Sparkle Silver)

http://s469.photobucket.com/user/f11kka/media/car/Golf/Paint%20Correction%20Aug%202013/992889_10151668392627370_236508202_n_zps09570bef.jpg.html

it's a juggle between the two

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No bother

They'll look awesome pal in gun metal, compliments the dbp imo.... they'd look poo on my grey one though so I'm going silver.... Like that range sparkle one the best also!
Yes, for me the Range rover sparkle silver tops it, but i would like to see what gun metal would look like on a dbp if anyone could photoshop the omanyt in gun metal onto a mk5 dbp that would be top notch.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where abouts are you fella?ive got a spare wheel you could try if you want?
In process on getting my centre caps painted same colour
Southampton mate, proberly a fair distance from you, do you have any pics of the gun metal on your thread or ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts