VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MK5 engines have a lovely plastic baffle / windage tray in the sump as standard? Do MK4s have it?

Anyone got Etka to see if the part numbers match?

Thanks

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Nah they are not the same as in do not fit. Dont think there is a baffle in them, ive only seen sumps for sale, not actually opened mine up

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah OK, so the MK4 setup is basically the same as 4 mo then, booooooo!

MK5 baffled sump and pump to be ordered tomorrow then

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
I guess this is what you want. I have this one for sale from a BDB engine £35 delivered.

·
1,243 Posts
So are they shallower than the mk4? and do you need the mk5 pump too?

This is something I would seriously consider doing to mine as I cringe every time i go over a speed bump.

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep to both questions.

Technically, it's only the MK5 pick up head you need, but VW insist on selling you the whole pump.

It's not so much speed humps that concern me (although that is a bonus), but rather oil surging during hard cornering. The MK5 setup is a lot better for that.

·
1,243 Posts
Right I'll have to put this on my list of things to do. Speed bumps is my main concern as I have to go over 7 of those little red ones that mist people just drive although I can't in the 32.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
I got a MK5 pump here as well if you need it.

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just found the details of my old postings on the VR6OC as I fitted the MK5 sump/pump to my Corrado VRT as I was concerned about oil starvation. Didn't want to wreck the turbo or block. I had the oil light flickering on the Corrado when it was standard, when hard cornering. Haven't yet on the MK4 though, touches wood!

R32 baffled sump - 022 103 601R - £89
R32 oil pump - 022 115 105E - £103
R32 oil pipe - 021 115 203 - ~ £20
Sump sealant - D176 404 A2 - ~£15

1 - 12 of 12 Posts