VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As the title suggests, ive been trying to sell my mk iv since feb, not a peep, ive done all i can, autotrader, ebay, signs on the car, u name it, ive been there, last resort is ive left it at a local dealer to see if he can sell if for me under sale or return, its a "53" plate, only 40k, just had full 40k service at the stealers (£600!!) and 4 new tyres, and pads all round, im asking 12k for it, and you guessed it, ive had not 1 viewing, and 3 calls since feb!!!!!

Be nice to know if anyone else has had any luck selling theres, just to restore some faith before i start to strip the car and sell it for parts, dont really know what else to do, 10k for a trade in is highly unatrractive offer

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Seems like you're asking a reasonable price for it so I'm surprised that you've not had more interest (especially at the dealers)

Do not let it go for £10k :eek:

·
777 Posts
thats wierd. Maybe the fuel prices are putting peope off or the road tax? You certainly are asking a fair price as Matt says. How come you are wanting to sell it? Have you tried Pistonheads or Tyresmoke classifieds?

G

·
Looks like a very vlean example - unfortunately the market has fallen out of big engines cars completely. Good luck with the sale.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
Dare I say it but may because its a 5 door have something to do with it? As we all know, the costs of running a car let alone a high performance one is rocketing and any car with 5 doors I would attribute to someone with a family and in the current climate an R32 with 5 doors for a family is a rather expensive luxury.

I wouldn't of thought that a single person/bachelor with a high disposable income who is looking for a performance car would have 5 doors high on their spec list.

I hope you sell it mate, I've seen it up for a while now and I'm sure the right person will come along when you least expect it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i cant say i agree with the fact that its a 5 door its not selling, our country has gone to the dogs, im in dubai at this moment in time, driving a cayenne turbo sport, cost me £35 to fill the tank, if i ever get my hands on darling and his mate brown, id happily be locked up for my actions, weve hit a total state of daylight robbery in the UK, and i bet as soon as the government hit a U turn on the new car tax ( which they will due to the fact the elections are 3 months later, and i guess brown wants to keep his job) car sales will fall back into place

·
4,328 Posts
Sorry to hear you havent been able to sell it but its simpley because of all the costs everyone is paying lately, ie ccs, tax, fuel, food etc etc

I know Jimmy and Kris spent ages trying to sell theirs but they did in the end so hang on in there and dont lower it as im sure it will go for a good rpice it night just take a while.

PS you all know a 5 door is so so so so so much better then a 3 door :)

·
842 Posts
I picked up my mk4 half way through March and i was hunting around for around 2 months for one that i liked... i remember looking at your one aswell...

my requirements were either grey or blue, nav, leather, very clean, VW serviced, 1 owner and low miles... and I'd have to go with JaysR32 but it had to be 3 door

5 doors are practical but in my eyes not many people go out wanting a car that costs as much as an R32 to run for practicality

IMO don't drop the price too much as people will wonder why it ain't seeling, best thing to do is let the adverts die away for a bit then get some fresh adverts going with some really high quality pics...you'll be surprised how a good detail and some snazzy pics can work wonders

·
215 Posts
I was after a silver mk4 not so long ago, and i too looked at yours. Very nice example, and a good price. But i really wanted a 3dr which is why i hung on a bit longer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a black 3 door, i put it on piston heads on the sunday and had a viewing and agreed sale on the monday, so im not sure why yours aint selling mate, i had 5 calls and 3 of them were certain they wanted ti buy but just wanted to view to confir. Sorry you aint sold it yet mate, but it really is waiting for the right person to come along. Really cant emphasise enough how much a very detailed description and high quality photos help sales. And also a title that will grab peoples attention, as alot of the adverts are the same, good luck mate.

·
4,328 Posts
I just dont get why people would prefer to get a 3dr over a 5rd if the price is the same. As there are alof of benefits, ie smaller doors so easier to get in and out for front doors, easier to get people and other bits and peices in and out, and not having to get out to let someone else out. Maybe its just me, as i am very lazy, lol. But if price and quality was the same and i had a choice to buy either a 5dr or 3dr i know which i would choose.

·
287 Posts
Like has been mentioned already, people would much rather have a 3 door hatchback. It will sell eventually you just have to keep the faith. All it takes is one call from a prospective buyer, and you've got yourself a sale.

Get some real arty shots of the car and put them on the ad, people seem to like that!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the input guys, much appreciated, will keep trying i suppose and let you all know how i get on

·
7 Posts
MYVWR32 said:
I have a black 3 door, i put it on piston heads on the sunday and had a viewing and agreed sale on the monday, so im not sure why yours aint selling mate, i had 5 calls and 3 of them were certain they wanted ti buy but just wanted to view to confir. Sorry you aint sold it yet mate, but it really is waiting for the right person to come along. Really cant emphasise enough how much a very detailed description and high quality photos help sales. And also a title that will grab peoples attention, as alot of the adverts are the same, good luck mate.
Out of intrest,How much did it go for?
I have a black 3 door,33000 miles,And are thinkng of selling,But dont no what to price it up at..

·
325 Posts
Right, anybody thinking of selling their R's should go straight to counseling. YES, it will now cost a fortune to insure, run, services and love... But (and yes this IS the nicest car I have had the chance to drive so I am still fairly VIRGIN) how does the sound of that, fu**in hard on enducing miltek non-res make you feel?

I REST MY CASE!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts